What retro things have you done today?

Soldato
Not sure if this is classed as 'retro' but i'll go anyway :D

I heard a laugh outside this morning and have been racking my brains to find where the hell i've heard that (almost exact) laugh before. Found it, Mad Bomber II!!

David Papworth made a handful of fantasic games which I remember really well - Super Obliteration, Mad Bomber and Atom Smasher. Here's the laugh when you miss a bomb

Mad bomber was a fantastic game, I played it for hours with my mum when I was around 8. Super hard on an Amiga tank mouse with rollerball. Might try it again now I have one

Associate
Not sure if this is classed as 'retro' but i'll go anyway :D

I heard a laugh outside this morning and have been racking my brains to find where the hell i've heard that (almost exact) laugh before. Found it, Mad Bomber II!!

David Papworth made a handful of fantasic games which I remember really well - Super Obliteration, Mad Bomber and Atom Smasher. Here's the laugh when you miss a bomb

Mad bomber was a fantastic game, I played it for hours with my mum when I was around 8. Super hard on an Amiga tank mouse with rollerball. Might try it again now I have one
Do you live next to some kind of haunted cemetery?!

Don
Both have just arrived but the one that was advertised as a +2B is actually a +2A… Is the +2A considered better?

Not really better or worse.

The main differences are that a design flaw in the audio output circuitry was corrected (but this only affects 128k music that uses the AY-3-8192 chip and doesn't seem to effect all models)

The other difference was that +2B/+3B were cost reduced as production moved from Taiwan to China.
Unlike the +2A/+3 which share the same motherboard, the +2B/+3B motherboards are specific to the model and have the unused connectors removed.

Soldato
I bought Toy Commander years ago but never tried it as it says doesn't say it supports VGA and that's main method of hooking up my DC. Gave it a shot today and it works so going to finally see what it's like.

I will also try to find a use for the DC mouse and keyboard that isn't Quake 3.

PXL-20220530-201633763.jpg

Soldato
My fiancé is Finnish and Finnish weddings involve games but even so I'm not sure my fiancé would agree to me taking along my Dreamcast!

Congrats by the way!
It's a big part of my life, so she couldn't say no :cry:

I'll get mine all set back like yours is when home, since I've got my room back (parent in laws have now left!).

Cheers! So far marrage is the same, but different lol

Associate
I picked up a SPDIF bracket so I could record some music tracks from games. It works really well and I can record MIDI and OPL3 nice and clean over a Digital TOSLINK connection.

Its a bit of a mess of wires at the moment and because my Retro Rig is full to the brim I cant actually mount the bracket :cry: I need to address it somehow.

qBFkJx1l.jpg

I recorded one of my favourite songs of Decent, Level 14 - Europa Co2 Mine both in OPL3 of the Awe32 and the Yamaha DB50XG mounted to the EWS64XL. Both sound great in my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom