What retro things have you done today?

Soldato
I love it when I receive computer parts in a pizza box with left over cheese still in the box, nice!

Pics or it dinner happen!
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
Was keeping an eye on this because well its TTDLX and it was a reasonable price. Just got the notification of what it sold for :o

Was so lucky to get mine for basically free :D

Associate
Was keeping an eye on this because well its TTDLX and it was a reasonable price. Just got the notification of what it sold for :o

Well that's insane :O Someone really wanted that game :D

Soldato
I picked up a new screen for £5 on Gumtree. I was ideally looking for a 4:3 TV with RGB SCART and VGA, or just a bog standard 14" CRT TV. I got this with svideo and RGB SCART as well as hi-fi out.

PXL-20220613-210242996.jpg

It's mainly for my PS2 and GameCube (by which mean Wii) but I thought I'd try my PC over Svideo. I might try a few different cards, in particular my ATI AiW which one might assume has a higher quality Svideo output...

Edit the ATI card and TV looks surprisingly good in DOS.

PXL-20220613-213121129.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

This and "Big Box" games are starting to go for ridiculous prices. Collectors are paying £150-£250 on Ebay for some games complete with the big box.

Soldato
Found an Atari ST Falcon forgotten about in a cupboard for 20+ years and it was handed to me for free. I still have all my old Atari disks. Will go nice next to my Atari Jaguar.

Last edited:
Associate
Just bought a bunch of TIME branded items: mouse, gamepad and joystick with a wireless thing? I also bought a while ago a clicky keyboard with a damaged space bar that I haven't had the time to clean yet.
They will all go nicely with the Time unit I got at my parents home, AMD K6-2 system.

Soldato
My go-to 775 system of a Q6600 running at 333FSB / 3GHz had died. I thought it was the CPU as the board was happy overclocking a E6700 to 3.7GHz so I bought a Q6700 for £15. But it still wouldn't work so I bought a new board too. I had a look at what was available on ebay for cheapo boards (as always) and ended up with the exact same board as the best spec - GA-G41MT-D3.

So now I've got it running the Q6700 at 333FSB / 3.3GHz so I got myself a small upgrade (for about £35 total cost :( )

Soldato
Currently cleared up all of my retro gear but have been hankering to finish my 486 build. Managed to get the CPU I wanted for a good price so when it arrives I can hopefully get on and finish it.

I am hoping the extra 33mhz makes up for the nostalgia glasses of my first PC :D
Did finish up some of the timelapse part which I uploaded to youtube to show a few people. I can share it here too although its still miles off a finished video.

Permabanned
Currently cleared up all of my retro gear but have been hankering to finish my 486 build. Managed to get the CPU I wanted for a good price so when it arrives I can hopefully get on and finish it.

I am hoping the extra 33mhz makes up for the nostalgia glasses of my first PC :D
Did finish up some of the timelapse part which I uploaded to youtube to show a few people. I can share it here too although its still miles off a finished video.

Great cup.i had one 25 years ago. Plays quake well

Soldato
@LewisRaz I did get it and got it set up. It's got a 133MHz Pentium (S?) and 8MB of RAM. It will only boot with the ISA card in, a Realtek RTG 3105 which if I am remembering correctly is beyond terrible. It came with spare RAM and I've got loads of spare too. I might put the 64MB set I've got in.

Windows 95 has a password which is upsetting!

Last edited:
Associate
I've sent a message about buying this lot. I've only had one s7 board that I somehow killed during cleaning so I'm tempted just to get that phase done...

I was looking for a floppy drive unit and I saw the add too :D. He said he will consider posting them tomorrow if they are not collected. I'm glad it ended in the hands of someone who will appreciate the parts. :)

Back
Top Bottom