What running shoes do you wear?

Soldato
Ideally light and bouncy. You put them on and you feel a different runner sort of thing. For 5k races.

I'm still struggling to find a good pair, all reviews I look at seem to be both a mixture of 1 star and 5 star reviews. There is nothing that stands out. Seems the manufacturers are going backwards in their design. Maybe that's mass production cutting corners, maybe they have already peaked in design and are just trying new things and not producing anything any better as you could buy good running shoes 20 years ago, probably better than a lot of stuff at the moment.

I've just found 'Mizuno Wave Rider 22' they seem to get good reviews all around, what do you think of these?

Last edited:
Associate
At the moment my NB Beacon are my go to shoe for anything from 5k to 10+ miles. Incredibly comfy knit upper, very cushioned and fairly responsive, really light and a lowish drop (6mm).

I've still got an older pair of Wave Riders, 19 I think, that I like. They are fimer than the NB but my HM pb is in them.

Soldato
OP
Got a pair of Asics gt 1000 for £42, going on a very good offer, mail me if you want link. May buy a second pair, get good reviews, down from £100 apparently though I doubt that more like £80.

Associate
Decent shoes but depends what year's model it is, although I don't wear support shoes and find ASICS too heavy for my running.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My daily commute trainers are Nike Free Rn (from above) but for races I have a pair of Brooks Hyperion, they're very light and very fast with a bit more support than the Nikes.

I've just worn out my first pair (first we've running footwear too) of Nike Free Rn and surprisingly when getting into research for replacements it turns out the lightweight minimal design isn't not what you're supposed to go for. I just used what I had (bought for the gym originally). But because it's all my feet have known and now they have holes in I can just get the current model without issues on longer runs. These or Hyperion's are great for shorter races though. I prefer the more free feeling footwear.

Soldato
OP
I got the asics, can't say I'm blown away by them, sturdy enough but could be a bit lighter and better cushioning, overall will do the job for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom