What shall i get the girlfriend for her birthday?

Soldato
Its in two weeks and i havnt even thought about it yet :(
Im going to take her to the London Aquairum cus she says she hasnt been in years and really likes it, and ive never been.

Been together 7 months, her 18th birthday :)

Not a girly, girly as such, need ideas guys!!!

Ta!

Man of Honour
She is your girlfriend - the one person you know better than anyone else. Why do you think a bunch of people on the internet can chose a gift for her that suits her better than anything you can pick?

Soldato
I'm in the same situation. She's 20 in 2 and half weeks and we'll have been together for 7 months!

I think it'll end up with me taking her for a meal and taking her shopping..

Soldato
How about a new boyfriend? I think she'd Prefer one that actually takes the time to find out what her likes and dislikes are.

That's harsh. But I can't find fault with the logic.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14926950 said:
She is your girlfriend - the one person you know better than anyone else. Why do you think a bunch of people on the internet can chose a gift for her that suits her better than anything you can pick?

To be fair 7 months isn't a long time, and, as it's the first birthday you're buying for her there's gonna be a lot of indecisiveness.

I'm sure we've both had good ideas, I've had a fair few, but it's still good to hear other suggestions that might not have crossed our minds.

Some people are easy to buy for, they have hobbies or interests that are easy to cater for, but my gf seems to have what she wants and is content.
Give us a taste of what you've bought in the past Fox?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not all presents need to be about the person to be good. I got back from a hot sandy place not too long ago and took my other half up town for a bit of shopping where I bought her a watch of her choosing for her birthday. Interspersing this with a hotel stay and a nice meal gave her an opportunity to wear said item and created memories associated with it. The logic being that the watch will now always be associated with me when she wears/looks at it - in a way manufacturing a thoughtful gift.

That was the logic anyway

Buying a watch had nothing to do with her being a watch geek, but as they say in DVD reviews "it's all about the extras"

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14927004 said:
Necklace for her 21st, ipod for her 22nd I think it was and a trip to the Neighbours set for her 23rd.

Necklace, iPod, standard. 23rd was a cool gift though.

I'd have no problems choosing jewellery or something material like a tv or iPod, but I just don't feel like there's much thought in something like that.

Not all presents need to be about the person to be good. I got back from a hot sandy place not too long ago and took my other half up town for a bit of shopping where I bought her a watch of her choosing for her birthday. Interspersing this with a hotel stay and a nice meal gave her an opportunity to wear said item and created memories associated with it. The logic being that the watch will now always be associated with me when she wears/looks at it - in a way manufacturing a thoughtful gift.

That was the logic anyway

Buying a watch had nothing to do with her being a watch geek, but as they say in DVD reviews "it's all about the extras"

Nice idea

Man of Honour
Necklace, iPod, standard. 23rd was a cool gift though.

I'd have no problems choosing jewellery or something material like a tv or iPod, but I just don't feel like there's much thought in something like that.

The Necklace was the best thing I've ever bought her - she never takes it off. IMHO it's a pretty good present.

Back
Top Bottom