What should I be paying for this bike?

Permabanned
Men's Felt QX80 (2008 model) hybrid bike, aluminium, large frame, lots of upgrades. Blue, 24 Shimano gears. Comes with mudguards and locks.

Thanks

Permabanned
OP
The fella said:

It's been stored indoors from new, comes with original manual, had the cassette and chain replaced a couple of hundred miles ago, and it's had the following added - Race Face riser handlebars, new grips, Continental CityContact Reflex tyres, DMR V8 pedals, Shimano Deore chainset (with external BB) and SLX front shifter, a Charge Spoon saddle and lighter seatpost. The frame is large, so would best suit someone about 5'10" to 6'4".

zcnKj.jpg
[/IMG]

He is looking for 150

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Got him one step further down to 140. What would you estimate the value to drop by in the next year or so of ownership?

Soldato
Aye I'd probably agree with oddjobb. Keep it running sweet with regular chain and cassette changes and you'll get £150 back when you come to sell.

I'd budget for a service on it at your LBS anyway as most people who think they know what they're talking about don't really. He seems to have it left in higher gears so check the both gear mechanisms move fully as most commuters ride in the middle or outer ring and the mech can end up seizing in place costing you £20+ for a mech + a cable. Feel the rim braking surface with your finger to feel if it's concave(worn) but it looks like I can still see the black line on the rim - if that is no longer visible the rim is dead and needs replaced.

Shake the wheels side to side whilst holding the frame to check the hubs are on. Do the same with the chainset to make sure the bearings aren't worn out on that either.

Depends on how long the chainset has been on but I'd look at the teeth on them and make sure none of them look like sharkfins, they should be pretty square/symetrical in shape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom