1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What sort of PM will Boris be?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by rIcK, Jun 22, 2019.

1. rIcK

Wise Guy

My political views are always changing, I have voted for Labour / Lib Dems and Conservatives on different occasions.

Its now looking more likely that Boris will be our next Prime minister. Forgetting the Brexit issue, what sort of Prime Minister do you think he will be?

After having the worst PM with Theresa May in my lifetime, surely he must be able to do better?

2. Rroff

Man of Honour

Probably a lot like his time as major but with more ability to take executive action unencumbered - so likely lots of expensive halo projects that end up abandoned and costly, giving a bit here to society, in high profile matters, but taking more elsewhere and likely hasten the Tory sell off of services and so on to private industry and individuals.

Likewise I think he'll do some good in some areas but do far more damage in others which will offset it.

3. StriderX

Capodecina

He'll be ok for a week at best, almost certainly he'll start an assault against Corbyn if Corbyn doesnt start it (though i'm pretty sure Corbyn has preempted it).

Just more partisan bull, the continual loss of MP's will finally culminate in forced GE regardless, he's almost certainly lost the Welsh by-election and who knows what will happen with the suspended guy.

Current majority for government matters sans Brexit is a mere 1 seats (1 deputy speaker, Labour has 2).

A single defection or another likely lost by-election will mean Boris has literally no choice but to call a GE regardless of what's going on with Brexit.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  4. singularity

Perma Banned

Yeah PMQs will be even more childish.
    Otherwise Boris will achieve nothing.

5. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Should get on well with trump. A lot of wasted money probably.

6. bayo000

Mobster

Imo he'll be even worse than May.

7. antijoke

Caporegime

Impossible

8. bayo000

Mobster

We'll see

9. VoG

Soldato

His track record as an mp has hardly been stellar, he was a lousy mayor, he was a lousy foreign secretary as well, he's shown himself to be disloyal, gaffe prone, and utterly self serving, his personal motto might as well be "what's in it for Boris?" so on the whole i think he's going to absolutely suck & i genuinely do think he has the potential to be a worse pm than May, purely & simply because he's a populist, give em what they want & they'll love me, which is the worst kind of pm you can have.

10. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

He’ll be hilarious.

His antics during PMQs will possibly cause Jezza to have a stroke.

11. d_brennen

Capodecina

What a time to be alive. Just hope you don't need NHS medical care if he gets a second term :p

I think he'll make his mates richer at the expense of the poors. That's what they all do

12. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

May has been a good PM, she's not taken us out of Europe. :D

13. GAC

Mobster

a short lived one, got a feeling IF he makes it through all political parties (apart from the change idiots) will go full bore for a general election and boris will have to have one as labour will wangle some sort of vote deal to get brexit passed in some form by the 31st of oct to which borris will then have his little win and with his ego will be champing at the bit to claim he did in a couple of months what may couldn't do in 3 years. and then we get a messy election a hung parliament and god knows what sort of mess afterwards.

14. Dolph

Man of Honour

He'll be totally awful, and yet not the worst choice available to the voting public, which will protect him as it protected may.

Remember, he was the least worst mayor london has had since the elected position was brought back.

15. The Funktopus

Mobster

You only have to look at his record from times he held power in the past, such as his tenure as Mayor of London and FM. Is ‘Dumpster fire’ a permissible SC-standard reply?

16. Stumble Bum

Wise Guy

PMQ's will be brilliant again, I miss the David Cameron PMQ's, he was very quick witted.

17. FishFluff

Soldato

By what metric? Because that sounds a lot like an opinion.

18. Dolph

Man of Honour

Do you think livingstone was better? The man who was suspended from the role for an antisemitic attack on a journalist and succeeded in raising the costs of living in London substantially?

Do you think khan is doing better, presiding over a city that's become infested with crime?

Note that I am not saying johnson was a good mayor. Least worst is a very different thing.

19. Lartyconshayo

Wise Guy

of course Khan is personally responsible for slashing police numbers by 20,000 is he ?

Perhaps if the 50million Boris spaffed on the garden bridge had been redirected there ?

Or the money he spent on the water cannons - when he was told not to by the Home Sec at the time - T May.

Boris is awful and will be an awful PM

20. chroniclard

Capodecina

Given his past record, personality, lack of morals, pretty awful.