what switch games is Santa bringing you for Xmas

Associate
I'll be picking up Super Mario Party for definite. Then it's just a case of what games I want to get in the eShop sale. Monopoly finally went on Sale so going to trade my physical copy in for cash then buy the digital version, Capcom Beat Em Up bundle, Rabbids look decent value as well.

Associate
I'll be picking up Super Mario Party for definite. Then it's just a case of what games I want to get in the eShop sale. Monopoly finally went on Sale so going to trade my physical copy in for cash then buy the digital version, Capcom Beat Em Up bundle, Rabbids look decent value as well.

tempted with Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle as well, Knights of the Round!

Associate
My family seem to have major objections to getting me games for Christmas, that said my wife has got me a Pro Controller as I just can't play docked with the grip. Find that it doesn't register inputs correctly at distance.

Have treated myself to Smash though.

Soldato
My family seem to have major objections to getting me games for Christmas, that said my wife has got me a Pro Controller as I just can't play docked with the grip. Find that it doesn't register inputs correctly at distance.

Have treated myself to Smash though.

I see a game as the perfect Xmas present.

Can usually find something I want in the right price bracket for whoever wants to buy for me, my folks for example are getting me God of War for PS4 which I picked it up during Black Friday for £20. And it'll actually get used and enjoyed as otherwise they'll spend money on some tat or clothes which I'll probably not like or use and will end up returning or sitting in a drawer for a year before ending up at a charity shop.

Associate
Mother in law is anti gaming and see's it as The DEVIL! I get comments all the time about how it's no good for me, she hates it when I go at her about the soaps and tell her it's not reality :cool:

My wife hasn't been too bad about it, but she prefers not to buy anything gaming. I do use the argument that games would get used.

Associate
Mother in law is anti gaming and see's it as The DEVIL! I get comments all the time about how it's no good for me, she hates it when I go at her about the soaps and tell her it's not reality :cool:

My wife hasn't been too bad about it, but she prefers not to buy anything gaming. I do use the argument that games would get used.

Amazing people have this attitude but will sit and watch mindless rubbish on tv for hours, i love that for some people watching every season of game of thrones (which i do like) in a month is totally fine but put a few hours into a game and youre wasting your life lol

Associate
I am trying to avoid accumulating another backlog hence my focus on quick pick up and play games for the Switch.

The Binding of Isaac - Worked out cheaper to purchase a physical copy rather than download. I initially disliked the game but having dabbled my initial reservations have been retracted. Its a short time killer and perfect for the Switch.
There is a baseball game (RBI Baseball '18) on sale at the moment - I don't follow or watch Baseball but used to enjoy trying to get my head around the odd US sports sim on PC back in the day (NHL, NFL etc). It does not get very good reviews but then, its less than a fiver - Might give it a punt!

I used to get the same grief about gaming being a waste of time, albeit very rarely now. A case that aforesaid individuals will happily binge on a box set or watch soaps, tool about on their phones. Each to their own! I rarely sit down to watch TV and any box sets I save for my commute. Yet playing a game/learning a program/reading about hobbies/interests is deemed a waste of time? b'ah.

Associate
Amazing people have this attitude but will sit and watch mindless rubbish on tv for hours, i love that for some people watching every season of game of thrones (which i do like) in a month is totally fine but put a few hours into a game and youre wasting your life lol
Yeah it does make me laugh, sometimes I hear my mother in law talk about soaps as though it happened in real life.. I'm sure she knows the difference but at least I don't confuse gaming with reality.

Wife totally see's it from my perspective, I do get a bit of depression here and there and gaming has always been my release. Since I was open to her about this she's much more supportive of it.

Back
Top Bottom