What Tattoo for my forearm?

Soldato
Hey all,

Looking to get a tattoo for my forearm. It needs to look stylish, but not gay. A bit sophisticated, but not pretentious. And manly, but not butch.
Doesn't have to be big, maybe just something small. I'm thinking of something that leads onto the wrist aswell.

Ideas on a postcard.

Man of Honour
A tattoo is something you shouldn't decide on getting then pick a design once you've decided. When you decide to get a tattoo it should be when you see something and think "I'd love that tattooed on me", not "I want a tattoo, what will I get?"
Chances are you will go off a design which you pick on a whim, something that you don't want to happen. I spent about 6 months thinking about my last tattoo before I got it and I've been thinking about my next tattoo for about 18 months and I'm still thinking until I'm absolutely 100% sure.

As it's going to be on your forearm and visible make sure you really want it and can live with the design for the rest of your life.

I'm not being awkward, I'm just trying to give some advice from someone who has tattoos. :)

Permabanned
Chads said:
Hey all,

Looking to get a tattoo for my forearm. It needs to look stylish, but not gay. A bit sophisticated, but not pretentious. And manly, but not butch.
Doesn't have to be big, maybe just something small. I'm thinking of something that leads onto the wrist aswell.

Ideas on a postcard.

how about your sig? :p

Associate
Chads said:
A bit sophisticated, but not pretentious.

No offence but i have never seen a tattoo that looked or made someone look in any way sophisticated. I dont think that you'll find something that will.

I'm not having a dig, I just think you need to make your criteria slightly more realistic.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
What about some hotrod tats:

Image2.jpg

Image32.jpg

Image4.jpg

andy_2.jpg

tat2.jpg

None of these are mine but if I were to get them it would be rod tats to go with my cars. I'd like some hotrod flame licks up my forearms but I haven't seen any I like yet so I won't get it done until I see the right flames and I know the needle man is good at them.

Associate
You want a tattoo on your forearm and you want it to be stylish and sophisticated?

Why not go for an invisible tattoo, that's much more sophisticated.

Seriously, a tattoo stops you ever rising above working class.

Associate
How about post some things that you're interested in? Like hobbies etc then it can give us some idea on what designs you might like.

Recently Iv been keen on the idea of a treble clef on my ankle, because music is basically my life and I want something done to represent that. Although im going to think about it for a long time before I do it!

Associate
Johnny Girth said:
Seriously, a tattoo stops you ever rising above working class.

Would you please grow up and get a clue, in every tattoo thread someone like you comes in and posts the most ridiculous comments ^^ that being one of them. So in future instead of posting a completely untrue and stupid statement in a thread u know nothing about just stay out of it. Seriously.

Associate
richyfingers said:
Would you please grow up and get a clue, in every tattoo thread someone like you comes in and posts the most ridiculous comments ^^ that being one of them. So in future instead of posting a completely untrue and stupid statement in a thread u know nothing about just stay out of it. Seriously.

It is a statement of fact. I'm confident that if people went for job interviews with exactly the same qualifications and skills wearing short-sleeve shirts but with some of them having visible tattoos on their arms you would see a clear pattern emerging.

Soldato
Johnny Girth said:
It is a statement of fact. I'm confident that if people went for job interviews with exactly the same qualifications and skills wearing short-sleeve shirts but with some of them having visible tattoos on their arms you would see a clear pattern emerging.

what patterns that? the interviewer has something instant to talk about with those that have a tattoo because they have something "unique" on them?!

i cant argue this point, because i dont have any tats, but theres plenty of people on here that can, and that have very highly paid jobs!

Soldato
How is it POSSIBLY a statement of fact, how utterly narrow minded can you be. Take a slice of the top 10% of the richest people in the world and see how many are tattooed, ill give u my left arm if it isn't a damn lot of them.

Associate
You know, I can’t even be bothered to argue wit you over this, so you can keep your “statement of fact” and us people with tats will just work away in our crappy working class jobs, never to rise above it.

Associate
Johnny Girth said:

I can see what u mean, cos a few of my friends arent allowed to have visible tattoos at work and have to have them covered up. Its no lie that in todays society some people have tendencies to judge on appearance, and perhaps in some situations a company may not want visibly tattooed people working for them (for example, in a customer service envorinment) but the statement "u cant get past middle class with a tattoo" is ridiculous, fair enough i bet the queen isnt inked but i bet you know a lot of people who have been inked in discreet places and never knew about it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom