What to do about a V5 registered at my address

Associate
A vehicle registration document came to my address today. The vehicle belongs to the previous owners of the house, but they bought the car 2 months after moving. They have since moved again and I don't know where they are. Should I be worried about this:

Why would they register the vehicle at their old address?
If they run a speed camera the ticket will come here, with their name on it.
Their road tax renewal will come here.

Should I find the owner and ask him to amend the record?
Should I contact DVLA and tell them about it. I don't want to drop the guy in it.
Or ignore it... or what?

Soldato
I forwarded this type of mail to the ex owner of my house c/o their solicitor as I didn't have a forwarding address.

If you can't be bothered to do that just scribble not known at this address and give it back to your postman

Paul

Associate
They might be pretending they still live there in order to get lower insurance premiums - seems like too much hassle to track them down, I would just hang on to it in case they ask for it. If it is accidental, once they call DVLA to ask where the V5 is they will find out its gone to their old address and either get in touch with you or request a new one to the right address. I suppose you could just pop it back in the post and return to sender, though that wouldn't be of much help if they knock round asking for it later.

Back
Top Bottom