1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do about anonymous harassment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eviled, 19 Aug 2020.

1. eviled

Hitman

A friend has asked me for help and I’m not really sure what he can do.

For months he has been receiving intermittent calls from prostitutes around the country shouting at him for standing them up at various hotels. Maybe every 1-2 months.

more recently he has been receiving abuse from what appears to be a Canadian mobile number via WhatsApp.

then the other day he received a home STD test kit in his girlfriend’s name thar someone had ordered using her personal information via a local online sexual health serviceNHS service.

I told him to go to the police with a log of events and as much evidence as he had.
    They have said its harassment but they are too busy to investigate low level crime like this and apologised and that was that.

He’s worried as things seem to be escalating but isn’t really sure what to do next.

Any ideas?

2. arctine

Mobster

I'd just carry on with my life tbh.

3. Chris Wilson

Soldato

Sell the kit on Ebay, never look a gift horse in the mouth. He'll never make a businessman at this rate ;)

4. MissChief

Capodecina

Generally these things are done by someone known to one or both of you. It’s very rare to pick on a complete stranger. An acrimonious ex BF or husband, some woman who feels slighted for some reason.

5. eviled

Hitman

There’s an ex-wife, weird work colleague and estranged friend it could be, or any number of work clients. he doesn’t have contact with any of them and has been ignoring it for a year but now his girlfriend is getting upset and anxious as she was the most recent recipient of it

6. jsmoke

Capodecina

'A threatened man lives long'.

Not a lot you can do really, must be pretty creepy but I'm sure it happens quite a lot. You'll be expecting a horses head on your doorstep soon or a masked man with a gun at your front door. Welcome to the underbelly.

7. Chris Wilson

Soldato

My money would go on the ex wife....

8. Usel

Wise Guy

If they start getting parcels from Amazon then it's Feek.

9. Pez

Mobster

Change phone number, bin kit.

That'd sort most of it :)

10. Feek

Commissario

Shhhhh ;)

11. sideways14a

Wise Guy

Didnt happen to save the numbers did he?

Asking for a friend, er who wants... to ... er harass someone :p

12. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

I would watch this film.

13. Rroff

Man of Honour

Amazon doesn't stock STD test kits or prostitutes apparently according to Feek's latest post.

14. chroniclard

Capodecina

Hire a PI and/or freelance ninja.

15. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

Why only freelance? What about a big 6 consultancy ninja? I mean the day rates will be horrendous but you've got to assume you're getting some sweet ass ninja for your money.

16. chroniclard

Capodecina

Freelance lone wolf style ninja, gotta be tougher than some corporate goon ninja?

17. dowie

Capo Crimine

WTF :D:D:D

So rather than getting a bunch of pizzas he didn’t order he’s got some angry hookers?

Perhaps one possible question to ask here - of the people you’ve got as suspects do any of them *not* know his current address? Given these woman have been turning up to hotels then calling.

Like if you were going to seek revenge in this way then you’d perhaps do something to inconvenience him more directly - like none of the boomers have turned up at his house etc...?

Did he ask how they got his number? Like presumably the person doing this didn’t call/text them? Unless calling from a withheld number? If they’ve had to e-mail or use a website then presumably their IP was logged by someone.

18. Mysterae_

Wise Guy

Dowie's right, the prozzies must have gotten their details from somewhere, how about asking them how and when?

Not trying to be Sherlock here, but who do they know that:
    - knows where they live,
    - knows their mobile number,
    - knows the name of their partner,
    - has a link with Canada,
    - has a grudge against them

Perhaps get a new mobile number and slowly give it out to certain people, when the abuse comes through on that line then they may have a likely suspect.

19. Arsonist

Wise Guy

This is one of the most GD posts I've ever seen. I have no advice for you, except to continue posting updates here.

20. vanpeebles

Sgarrista

You best nail that letterbox up asap, I mean your friends letterbox!