What to do in London

Associate
The GF and I have booked a few nights away in London in mid July for my birthday. I havent been since i was about 7 (20 years ago) so want to do all the usual tourist things.

So far we've signed up for:

The London Eye
London Dungeons
Madam Tussauds
Tate Modern
Natural History Museum
Science Museum

We've also got tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera on the west end.

I've heard theres a good view and good lunch if you eat at the Tate Modern so will probably give that a try. Any other suggestions of places to go/eat that arent necessarily typical tourist locations?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Tower of London.

No outsiders should visit London without going to the Tower.
Camden market although it isn't what it was it's still a place to visit especially when cruising with a doris.
Covent garden as it represents Old London well & the women love it.
London zoo because it is a zoo in the middle of a capital city & women get all sweet around animals.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Crikey, the worlds your oyster!!

TBH the Natural History Museum and Science Museum if you do it right will take a full day anyway.

Adding too much is going to make your trip less enjoyable (I'd have personally thought) because you're going to be rushing about trying to keep a schedule.

There's some good boat trips down the Thames to the O2 centre, if you get a day ticket for the Tube I think you can travel on it free.

Picadilly circus is often a nice few hours worth of fun, often go myself on a Saturday night as every night is different.

Try visiting Camden Market if you get the chance, often a 'fun' day out seeing an assortment of cultures and lifestyles and the food is brilliant.

(go see the woman selling the orgasmatron devices, free spliff hidden in the tube if you ask nicely :D)

Associate
If its a nice day i like to hang out in St.James park, at the moment they have drained the lake but hopefully it will be filled back up soon.

Also have you considered just taking a walk along the river from Lambeth Bridge all the way down to the tower of London.

Soldato
Sunday - A walk through Colombia Flower market/Broadway Market/Spitalfield Market/Brick Lane markets for food. You really wont regret it, great atmosphere.
Borough Market is really excellent for food too but at London Bridge so not walkable from the 4 mentioned before.

A nighttime walk along the Southbank is definitely one to do - From Westminster to Tower Bridge (Romantic too!) You could do that after London Dungeon..

Last edited:
Associate
Go to soho after 5pm. There's a really cool american style diner on the corner of Poland Street (off Oxford Street) and D'arblay Street if you're pekish. If cocktails are your thing you can't go wrong round there, especially at a bar called Thirst (corner of Greek Street and Bateman Street).

Permabanned
I went to London last week and theres so much to do, make sure you buy a tube day ticket, and just hop on and off anywhere you like! convent gardens was a great place! loads of people there and shows going on which you can watch on the street!

There was this guy dressed up in Green and only speaking in this Bird language! and this other guy who looked like he was out of 300 standing on a pillar!

Associate
Don't forget the more light hearted West End shows! You could start a whole new thread on them, Joseph, Grease, Mamma Mia, Dirty Dancing, Lion King etc.

You could also consider an open top bus trip. Some are combined with a Thames boat ride.

Other than that, that's a good list you had to start with. Have fun. :D

P.S. Another vote for Harrods.

If you fancy walking London check out the "London Wall", there are large parts around the Tower.

There's also HMS Belfast close to the Dungeons.

The Monument. If you like climbing a tight spiral staircase!

St Paul's, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Catherdral, Halls of Justice, etc. are all fantastic buildings if that interests you. History everywhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Big Bus tour is quite nice. Is hop on hop off so you can get on, get off, wherever you want and the ticket is for the entire day.

Another vote for the Imperial war museum :) great place.
British Museum too.

Back
Top Bottom