Just a quick one I thought I’d share: I renewed my insurance policy in November; I went wit the same insurer (broker?) I have been since my first bike – Express Insurance, as they gave me the best deal on all three occasions, the most recent also gave me NBC protection as I went with the same company (Red Star), which is good as I only have two years NCB and they said you normally need five for protection. I digress. Anyway, the policy kicks in, in December and all is well, that is until I review my documents and notice two discrepancies – my NCB is showing as one and should be two, and my bike is listed as unmodified when it has been; the last policy had the initial modifications declared and the remainder were added and declared ready for the new policy. So (in early December), I telephone the customer care line and get through to someone after holding for ages – I state the issue I have and am told not to worry, hey have everything on file and their system is showing I do indeed have two year no claims and a bunch of modifications to my bike – good, I think! Now, scroll forward to February and I’m reading a post about insurance (on here I think) and someone mentions about declaring accidents, and an answer to the posters questions was that you need to declare everything, regardless of it being bike or car! **** I didn’t know that (I don’t claim often!), so I decide I would kill three birds with one letter… I break out a highlighter pen and mark my documents with the issues I previously raised; I then include a letter stating that I had failed to declare a car accident, due to that part being unclear, and provided details of the accident (non fault, cat. C etc), I also provided a list of all of my modifications. Letter posted. So, about three weeks roll by and I’ve still not heard anything, so I decide to email the address provided on my renewal paperwork, I explain all the issues I have and give as much detail as possible. Email sent. A week goes by and nothing, not a bean, so I triple check the email address and the website lists something completely different to their paperwork, so forward my email to that, but also cc the renewals address – that was over three weeks ago now and I’ve still heard zip! Tonight I decided that enough is enough and I have forwarded my last email on to the customer complaints department, whish sadly is one of the addresses I already used – I stated that I now wish to make a formal complaint and have demanded they contact me on email or phone, to acknowledge receipt, within one working day – their site sates 5, but I highlighted to total lack of response to-date a good reason to treat this differently. I guess the old saying rings true – you get what you pay for!