What to do, swap or keep

Associate
Since July I’ve been the proud owner of a 2014 Jaguar XK dynamic R. I bought it with my heart after saving for years and it excels at what I want, being “unique”, sounding awesome and being very fast.

What it doesn’t do is save the planet or function for a family trip away as the child seat only fits with the passenger seat all the way forward. Kind of obviously really but I had tunnel vision when I bought it.

I still love it for the reasons above but otherwise I seem to have fallen out with it, and as such I’m considering swapping it plus some money for a BMW 530e or a 540i touring. Either nearly new or a pre reg.

I’m so torn though, I’d like the idea of a hybrid purely because that seems the way to go but I’m concerned the hybrid will be too slow (though it least it’ll be usable power rather than wheel spinning at 70 in the damp.)

The 540i, the boot and 4 wheel drive are big draws but I can’t find a high spec one. And I’ve never had a new pristine car so a 530e with 10miles on is a big draw also, specially as my xkr is not exactly immaculate.

I do very low miles and mostly commuting through rush hour city traffic so the hybrid makes sense. (In a not being wasteful, i’ll still get there in the same time way) Its just feels like I’m loosing something with either of the three choices.

Does anyone here own a 530e or 540i? Has anyone here got any experience and can share their thoughts on swapping a performance car for something practical?

Associate
Keep it and just rent something practical when you need to go away. You'll probably have to change into something more boring with a smaller or electric engine eventually, so why speed up the process? Just enjoy what you worked so hard to get imo.

Back
Top Bottom