What to do with BBC Model B Micro Kit??

Soldato
Hello, I have a (recently died) BBC Model B micro, with 2 working power supplies and various ancillary kit + 2 years' of "BBC Micro".

Do I just bin it or do people use it for parts / get the micro working again?

Any suggestions please?

Soldato
OP
Non-working, eBay = £30. not worth the hassle! Working = £100+ - would be worth it.
Fills 2 archive boxes - other half wants it shifted!!!!

Man of Honour
Unfortunately don't have details to hand but there is a museum type organisation that will often take these for spares.

Caporegime
I don't really get why you started the thread and then shot down every suggestion tbh... you could easily just flog it on e-bay just for the sake of not binning something that could be useful to someone else and not made anymore. sounds like you'd get £30 + postage for it so whats the drama?

Failing that just take 2 mins to register on the suggested forum, post your rough location and ask if anyone would like to drop by and take it off your hands.

Man of Honour
Not so much the BBC but I really miss RISC OS - one of the few OSes that really recognised what an OS was about - enabling the end user with a comprehensive but (for the time) well designed feature set and an open approach that left the user in control and able to do a lot of stuff themselves if desired.

Soldato
Not so much the BBC but I really miss RISC OS - one of the few OSes that really recognised what an OS was about - enabling the end user with a comprehensive but (for the time) well designed feature set and an open approach that left the user in control and able to do a lot of stuff themselves if desired.

RO3.1 was my fave :D I could make that dance on my A3010 back in the day.

Man of Honour
RO3.1 was my fave :D I could make that dance on my A3010 back in the day.

Same - sadly my old A3010 didn't survive very well being stored in my parent's loft while I was living away. I have 3.11 running under Red Squirrel but sadly don't have a lot of my old files for it.

Soldato
Same - sadly my old A3010 didn't survive very well being stored in my parent's loft while I was living away. I have 3.11 running under Red Squirrel but sadly don't have a lot of my old files for it.

Thankfully I chopped the battery out of mine. It was upgraded to 4mb and a HCCS hard drive interface too :)

Back
Top Bottom