What to do with large number of planes, tanks, boats ???

Associate
Sadly my Grandad past away last month, in later years he had a bit of an obsesion with building kits! We are now left with all these models and no idea what to do with them all, seems terrible to bin them. Some are pretty awesome, some of the boats are nearly 3 feet long, a couple of the tanks are massive, 1/12 scale.

They are built ok, not professional standard, some are better than others. Any ideas????

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Associate
Sorry for your loss.

That is some collection. If you're not bothered about money wise. Some sort of museum might want them? I'm pretty sure their would be somewhere which would take them.

Associate
what a fantastic collection, many of them are built to a good standard IMO, the railway gun Dora is a monster and if you are donating something like that a museum would be interested

Associate
Very sorry for your loss.

That collection is amazing and I could have literally spent hours in that room marvelling at all these models! As others have suggested, I can imagine museums would be very interested in quite a few of these.

Soldato
I don't know where you are, but I would suggest finding a local military modelling fair or talking to the MAFVA. You just missed the 2019 MAFVA Nationals, unfortunately, but they ought to know some interested parties (and there's more than a small chance he was a member).

Associate
There's some wonderful models in there, I've seen plenty in museum exhibitions so they would likely be interested if they have the space. RAF Cosford and Duxford come to mind, but smaller museums might be more accepting. You could contact local modelling groups, they might know who would be interested.

Soldato
Definitely find somewhere that would take them as a display, what and incredible collection. Try some of the modelling groups and as mentioned some of the museums. Places like Duxford would make a superb display especially as he's basically catalogued a huge amount of craft from WWII

Back
Top Bottom