What to upgrade?

Soldato
I've been using my laptop for ages but my old 2010 PC is now pride of place but will obviously need a lot of upgrades but where to start?

i5 3570K water cooled
1TB Samsung EVO SSD
2 x 2TB HDD
16GB Samsung Green RAM
Gigabyte 3GB 7970
HAF 932 Case
3 x Samsung A700D Monitors

Soldato
Both CPU and GPU could use updating if you're into gaming.
But you better wait for what news Computex brings in next week.

Associate
Agree with previous comment. Both could use an upgrade. I would wait but I would keep my eye on at least a RX 580 or GTX 1060 level graphics card. Upgrade the GPU first and see what types gains you get. Then look at the CPU/Mobo/RAM next as it would be a bigger investment in money and time.

Associate
I would say it depends on how your budget works. I would look at a PSU upgrade first with what kind of spec you want to end up with in mind. If you wanted to keep it functional whilst you're going through the upgrade process you could totally do the PSU first then a bundle then GPU? What kind of thing do you have in mind. Any questions then feel free to drop me a line :D

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
I would say it depends on how your budget works. I would look at a PSU upgrade first with what kind of spec you want to end up with in mind. If you wanted to keep it functional whilst you're going through the upgrade process you could totally do the PSU first then a bundle then GPU? What kind of thing do you have in mind. Any questions then feel free to drop me a line :D

I have an 800W PSU

Soldato
Thanks but I never buy things with "free" things, to me it suggests that item isn't selling for a reason.
That's unfortunate as all the 580's come with free games - i just selected that card as it's quality.

It's an OcUK specific deal.

Soldato
My last card was a "B Grade" from this place and served me so well I'd be happy going down that route again.
Once you've sold the games - look in MM they can sell for £25 a piece (so £50 back in your pocket) - you will be hard pushed to find a B grade card for £110-£130 (once you'e sold the games) - depending on quality of card. Plus you have the worry of a limited guarantee...

I have an 800W PSU
Model?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom