What TV card or USB TV sticks do you use in your HTPC ??

Soldato
I need to buy a TV card or a USB TV stick for my HTPC but i have no idea which one to buy..

So i was hoping some you guys could tell me which TV card or USB TV stick you use in your HTPC and what you think of it...

And are there any you recommend ??
I don't think i want or need a Satellite one

Last edited:
Soldato
I used a Compro DVB-T duel tuner card before getting a sat card, was a great little work horse that just worked consistantly. Wish i could say the same for the Sat card...
One feature i really miss is its ability to switch on the machine from full off. Afaik only the Compro's offer this.

The remote was guff though, Haupage do good remotes if your not going to buy a seperate one and there cards are top notch to :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have used a compro DVB-T and didnt like it ( was patchy , drivers a bit gash)
Hauppage:
Nova-T PCI dual freeview , was nice
Nova-TD500 dual freeview USB have 2 , pretty good
Nova-HD-S2 HD freesat card , i have 3 other these great card

Soldato
A Peak Dual DVB-T Digital card. Sure it's cheap, but it works flawlessly with WMC, which is more than can be said for my expensive BGT3620 :mad:

The 3620 sort of works with Media Portal, but that software is just too user-unfriendly for me and slow.

At some point I need a new HD capable card.

hux

hux

Soldato
Peak dvb, again works well with mce.

Did have a compro, and it was nice but their software wasn't the best tbh.

Soldato
If I want freeview HD what card would I need to get? Also none of them seem to be "low profile" looks like you just take the backplate off and hope!

Soldato
Any DVB-T2 card will work for Freeview HD. There are a few low-profile PCI-E ones to choose from. If you just want Freeview HD (and are not interested in Freesat HD via a satellite) then any of these would work:

TBS TBS6220 (single tuner)
TBS TBS6280 (dual tuner)
Blackgold BGT3620 (dual tuner)
Blackgold BGT3650 (quad tuner)

Last edited:
Soldato
cheers for that will give them a look, have £30 worth of Amazon vouchers so will see what I can get from them.

Soldato
Handy finding this thread as I want to take the plunge and get a Freesat HD tuner card. Can't get Freeview as I don't have an aerial! Bit of a noob question but I take it I will need a dual card if I want to record 2 programmes or record one whilst watching the other? If so, what will I need? Will be running it under W7 32.

Associate
Handy finding this thread as I want to take the plunge and get a Freesat HD tuner card. Can't get Freeview as I don't have an aerial! Bit of a noob question but I take it I will need a dual card if I want to record 2 programmes or record one whilst watching the other? If so, what will I need? Will be running it under W7 32.

Just install the drivers, then you can use it in Windows Media Center without any other software.

Caporegime
I have a tbs 6280 dual tuner which is T2 ..freeview hd. It doesnt pick up hd flawlessly tho, media center reports it as weak signal at 56 per cent

Others have said it works well.

Picked mine up for 80£

Back
Top Bottom