What TV chef suits your cooking?

Man of Honour
I know there are a few cooks on here and I'm curious to know who's cooking best suits your tastes?

Are you a very quirky and experimental Heston Blumenthal?
Are you a lover of healthy, organic and fresh ingredients like Jamie Oliver?
Maybe you're quite refined in your French/British cooking like Gorden Ramsey?
Or maybe you like all the delights of the sea like Rick Stein?

I would say I am normally like Nigel Slater, simple, fresh, quick and honest. Not really restaurant food, and I like it that way. Although I do have my Gordon Ramsey moments.:p

So what about you?

Soldato
James Martin and Rick Stein are my two favourite.

James for his french cooking and English classics.
And rick for his obvious fish recipes he's tried asian but it wassn't very good I thought.

They're both laid back, good honest food creators. Nothing pretentious about them and I really enjoy watching their shows.

Edit - I like to reflect that on my cooking, I do like refined food but one pot stews and fish pie is just heaven.

Man of Honour
The swedish chef, from the Muppets.

I really like that guy whose name escapes me... sounds and looks a bit posh, and he made meringues with lavender...think he called them "fairy ****".

I have a couple of his books, and the recipes, although strange.. are really really nice.

Man of Honour
OP
The Hairy Bikers (not sure if they are trained chefs?) as they seem to enjoy the eating part more than the making it part :D

Doesn't matter if they're trained chefs or not. They remind me of the Two Fat Ladies, very rustic and obviously love the eating as much as the cooking. BTW, I think that's a good thing :)

Man of Honour
Valentine Warner. His voice annoys me, his cooking less so :)

That's the one, yeah he does have a certain annoying quality, but I'm in a being adventurous (with cooking) phase and the food appeals to me.

Normally someone like the Hairy Bikers would be fine. Simple and tasty gets my vote. It's nice to be able to have the time to be able to spend making something with a long preparation time that's quite special, though. Doesn't happen too often.

Soldato
Have a great book from Gino d'Acampo, love making stuff from that. Also really enjoyed the recent series with Levi Roots, simple but awesomely tasty cooking.

Soldato
Rick Stein's my favourite by a long way but I'd say my cooking style is more like Jamie Oliver's when he was still The Naked Chef. The words 'whack it in there' and 'bish bash bosh' spring to mind.

Soldato
Roasts and stews with creamy mash potatoes and a slightly spicy gravy is the business. Especially when you're hungover for some reason. :)

Pancetta wrapped beef roast is a personal fave of mine. Roasted parsnips with it sometimes too...

Yes I like just throwing stuff in the oven and hoping it will cook.

Back
Top Bottom