1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, Jan 27, 2015.

1. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Working my way through the latest season of GLOW and quite enjoying it.

2. jcr

Wise Guy

I don't watch much TV so have no idea who jh is and I didn't recognise the lead actor.
    I thought he had done a good job so far. Will definitely watch more.

3. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Good enough for me. Will get to it over the Christmas break. Cheers!

4. alexakasloth

Soldato

Hooked on Mr Robot at the moment, just finished season 3. Heard season 4 is very good.

5. melmac

Soldato

Just finished watching DayBreak. Seen a few people in this thread recommend it so decided to watch the trailer and it looked terrible, some awful mix of the Walking Dead, Beverly Hills 90120, Twilight and Ferris Bueller's Day off.

Despite not liking the trailer at all, I watched Episode 1 and found that it is much better than the trailer, thankfully. In fact I really enjoyed the whole thing and hope that they come out with season 2.

6. BeelzebubUK

Wise Guy

Currently watching :

Rick & Morty season 4 - I only started watching the series a few months ago and binge watched the first 3 seasons. Still loving it.
    Peaky Blinders season 3 - Took me a few episodes to get into it but not sure if it will still grip me into season 5 as its starting to feel a little formulaic
    Titans season 2 - So far has been the best out of all the Marvel and DC spin off series. Hopefully it continues to be that way and doesn't try to crossover with the other shows.
    Watchmen season 1 - Slowish but its showing real potential
    The Mandalorian season 1 - I had my doubts that Disney would come through with this but its exceeded my expectations. Probably the best Star Wars story since Episodes IV - VI
    His Dark Materials season 1 - Still not sure about this. Read the books a long time ago so can't remember much to compare but the next few episodes I think will make or break it.

7. melmac

Soldato

Renewed Amazon Prime for another month and had some free time yesterday evening so decided to watch one Episode of each of the following shows: The Expanse, The Tick, Swamp Thing, The man in the High Castle and Mr Robot.

The Expanse: Really enjoyed the first Season of this gritty sci-fi show. The first episode of Season 2 did not disappoint either. It's just a brilliant show.

The Tick: Wonderful nonsense. It's also where my plans for the evening died as I didn't just watch one episode I binged watched 10 episodes of Season 1 before I finally forced myself to turn off the TV and go to bed. It's a superhero TV show, but, don't let that put you off.

8. nands

Mobster

Quoted for truth, shame they cancelled it after the second series. Fun while it lasted.

9. Kill_Phil

Wise Guy

Working my way through Gomorrah

Enjoying it, but slightlty let down due to having high expectations

10. melmac

Soldato

I didn't realise they cancelled it :( Better take my time watching season 2!

11. UTmaniac

Soldato

We've been binge watching Elementary for the last few weeks since it came to Prime Video and watched the final Season 5 episode last night, really enjoyed, a refreshing twist on an old classic.

12. TNGL

Wise Guy

I finished the Devil Next Door recently. Excellently portrayed in my opinion and so long as you can stop yourself from reading ahead, you'll find yourself on the edge of your seat for most of it.

13. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Watched The Haunting of Hill House over the last week and really enjoyed it. A few sad moments and as much as I think jump scares have ruined horror, there was a jump scare that worked well and my pants nearly needed changing.

14. lee1101

Wise Guy

Was that the scene in the car by any chance? I nearly had a heart attack :D

15. jpaul

Sgarrista

good start for Aussie drama Upright sky atlantic ... edgy compared to normal PC netflixusa/bbc productions ... but they have a good sense of humour,
    misfit characters with lots of querks, reminiscent of utopia.

16. ElliorR

Sgarrista

the only jump scare I didn’t think was lazy horror :D

They’re usually somewhat easy to predict but that one came out of the blue.

17. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Hohh was refreshingly free of jump scares for the most part and those it did have felt in place and weren't cheap lazy writing.

18. TangoEchoAlpha

Hitman

Currently watching Arrow on Amazon Prime - really enjoying it!

19. krooton

Caporegime

We've been watching the series of James Acaster comedy specials on Netfilx and he has jumped straight in as one of my favourite comics. :D

Also started Glitched, which is an interesting, if slow-burn (based on the first episode) Australian Netflix show.

20. Clov!s

Capodecina

Finished Lost for the 3rd time.

It’s the best show ever, the character development, the back story of each character, action, acting, all top notch stuff.