What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
War of the worlds (2019)

Bit of a odd one for me. It did drag in a lot of parts, but it did make me want to keep watching till the end.

To much of a cliffhanger at the end of the season, feel there should have been one more episode.

Maybe isolation is getting to me. :p

Which one, I think there have been two productions in the last 6 months?

Soldato
Finished both current seasons of 'Happy Valley' and I would definitely recommend it. Similar, I guess, to some of the other BBC shows everyone is loving these days like Bodyguard and Line of Duty, it's just well written, well acted, reasonably fast paced TV. I think Ozark will be next...

Associate
I finished another re-watch of Band of Brothers yesterday. Such a brilliant series, really good directed, filmed and the acting is superb as well. Some quite big names are involved who does really good instead of half done performances as it happens at times.

Started a couple of episodes of The Pacific afterwards, and its better than I remembered it (only seen it once though). Looking forward to watch the rest of it.

Soldato
Glow - I have mixed feelings about it.
I don't see anything interesting about the show, the basic story is ok (starting a wrestling company and bit about each start) its something different but when they cant think of any ideas **** and sex seam to the main focus. the wrestling is not very good and they have a lot of stupid jokes either I dont understand them or they are not very funny.
the best part is the actors all of them are good

but for some reason im still watching it

IMO option if they took this idea and did something a little more interesting like
option 1 same idea but with males, starting a generic wrestling company in the 80s but they would need to be able to act and wrestle and taking ideas from what has happened in real companies.
option 2 build a show on the life of a great wrestler over the years the good and the bad my choice steve austin/hulk hogan/rick flair/stig/bret hart or jake the snake/under taker/mick foley.
option 3 show about the real companys like WWE, WCW or one of the other NWA TNA ROH

Soldato
IMO option if they took this idea and did something a little more interesting like
option 1 same idea but with males, starting a generic wrestling company in the 80s but they would need to be able to act and wrestle and taking ideas from what has happened in real companies.
option 2 build a show on the life of a great wrestler over the years the good and the bad my choice steve austin/hulk hogan/rick flair/stig/bret hart or jake the snake/under taker/mick foley.
option 3 show about the real companys like WWE, WCW or one of the other NWA TNA ROH

So when you say 'took this idea', you mean to make a show related to wrestling. That seems to be the only link between your ideas and Glow... :)

Such a brilliant series, really good directed, filmed and the acting is superb as well. Some quite big names are involved who does really good instead of half done performances as it happens at times.

Has this been run through Google translate and back or something? :p

Soldato
So when you say 'took this idea', you mean to make a show related to wrestling. That seems to be the only link between your ideas and Glow... :)
in basic yes.

The wresting part was the main reason I started watching.
Glow has nothing on the real thing, Wrestling has some of the craziest **** you will ever hear the good and the bad.

just do a random search and you will understand what I mean.

Soldato
No, I know wrestling. Well, US Pro wrestling. I don't think this show had any intention of being a hardcore wrestling show. That's kinda my point I guess :) You're totally changing the show to make it a show you want.

Soldato
No, I know wrestling. Well, US Pro wrestling. I don't think this show had any intention of being a hardcore wrestling show. That's kinda my point I guess :) You're totally changing the show to make it a show you want.
So you know how far they are from the real thing and the difference
Thats my point they are wasting some great ideas, if they wanted to make a show about a wrestling startup at least focus a little more on that, if I did not see the ring every now and then its just a B grade drama

Soldato
So you know how far they are from the real thing and the difference
Thats my point they are wasting some great ideas, if they wanted to make a show about a wrestling startup at least focus a little more on that, if I did not see the ring every now and then its just a B grade drama

But this is my point, no, that's just a different show. This is a little extreme, but it's a bit like saying, "Breaking Bad would have been great if it was about a woman who found out she was going to die and wanted to be a singer, so she went on America's Got Talent and it followed her progress of trying to make it before the cancer got her." No, that's just you wanting a different show.

Soldato
But this is my point, no, that's just a different show. This is a little extreme, but it's a bit like saying, "Breaking Bad would have been great if it was about a woman who found out she was going to die and wanted to be a singer, so she went on America's Got Talent and it followed her progress of trying to make it before the cancer got her." No, that's just you wanting a different show.
True but from the look of things they wanted to test the waters.

They seam to have a few other wrestling based shows planned.
A hulk hogan biopic by netfix -starting Chris hemsworth and hints Bradly cooper may also be in it as vince.

lucky for me
A Ric flar biopic produced by Dwayne Johnson is also in the works.

but both are movies

Back
Top Bottom