1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, Jan 27, 2015.

1. BriT

Mobster

I look forward to it :)

2. Combat Fighter

Soldato

Just started watching Banshee. First episode got me hooked immediately, which is always a good thing. 4 episodes in and loving it.

3. lee1101

Wise Guy

You’re in for a treat :D

4. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Banshee is ridiculously good fun, until that final season of course.

5. krooton

Caporegime

Tales of Arcadia: 3Below is better, and has crossover with TH :D

6. Marvt74

Capodecina

Just started Doom Patrol. Only one episode in and can't quite decide if it's going to be good or just a bit weird. IMDB has it at a very solid 8/10 though so i'm hopeful.

7. arc@css

Caporegime

Started watching The Stranger. Several episodes in and it seems pretty good.

Edit: finished it. Brilliant. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  8. SideWinder

Consigliere

Homeland...smashed season 1 and now starting 2. How have i missed this! :o SO addictive.

9. MoRT489

Soldato

I was flicking through NowTV today to see if I could find anything worth keeping my subscription for and came across Avenue 5, which is a sitcom based on a space cruise starring Hugh Laurie and a few other recognisable characters. I’ve watched 2 episodes so far and am finding it mildly amusing and the space setting is cool.
    Just checked and it’s a 2020 release created by Armando Iannucci.

10. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I personally think Season 1 is one of the best seasons of TV out there. Many will tell you it falls off in later seasons, which tbf it does, but go through to the end and you'll enjoy it, it picks up again IMO.

Slightly related, I've just finished Billions S4. It took a while for me to get into. I feel they talked too much shop in S1 and I couldn't understand a lot of what they were talking about, but then it just moved on to plotting and scheming and it picked up.

11. checjb

Wise Guy

On a whim I've started re-watching "Black books" with the missus. It's still brilliant.

12. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

@SideWinder as Andy has mentioned, S1 is excellent and some of the best TV in the last decade. The drop off seems to happen around S4 and through to the mid point of S6 it's a slog to get through. Happy to say that the latter half of S6 and S7 are great and i'm currently watching S8 now which seems a return to form.

Billions is an odd one for me, one of my favourite ever shows but much of the time I can't follow all the 'shop talk' but it's the great performances and actual human side that keeps me loving it. The quality of actors throughout the show is really top notch.

Also, Wags is just unbeaten as a character in recent years, so entertaining.

13. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Finished Father Ted - still awesome
    Finished Spaced - still awesome

Future Man - half way through S1, some laughs and some awks scenes when watching with your teenage kids :)

Dark S3 - to start.

14. SideWinder

Consigliere

@AndyCr15 / @SixTwoSix Ah ha noted, thanks! Unsure i'll get too far into it but it's something to watch that's new. :)

15. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Not current TV but watched this. Really interesting.

16. neoboy

Capodecina

Very late to the show (excuse the pun) but started House MD late last year and just finished the series today.

Quite good, although not helping that I watched so much of it in relatively short time so things were a little "samey" and formulaic towards the end and felt the whole game show thing dragged on a bit too much in S4 when they switched up the dynamic.

Ending was perfect in some ways but definitely missed the boat by not using, "You can't always get what you want" as the final song ;)

17. cheesyboy

Capodecina

BBC extended its ^ presence on iPlayer a couple of days before it disappeared, so I today finished the season. Was great, looking forward to S2. Due apparently later this year.

Started Goliath S3. I really enjoyed S1, but S2 was terrible. 3 episodes in, and S3 seems another bad one. Not enjoying it much at all.

18. tres

Soldato

People just do nothing

Very good.

19. booyaka

Capodecina

yeah - Wags is up there with Ari Gold from Entourage as my all time favourite characters.

20. krooton

Caporegime

Season 2 of the new Twilight Zone, only a few duff episodes so far.