What TV shows are you currently watching

Just watched an episode of "Once upon a time in Iraq", it's a 5 part documentary that starts at Gulf War 2 with detailed accounts from Iraqis civilians, officials, US soldiers and journalists etc. Not my usual watch, but it was engrossing. Definitely going to see it out.

On BBC2/iPlayer.

Soldato
That's almost spooky, in that I was thinking this morning that I might give Justified it's second watch through when I finish Bosch. (For me I think it's in my Top 5) I have 1 season and 1 ep to go on Bosch and it was this that got me thinking. It's just a solid cop show, good story, good occasional bits a action and tension, good characters and good script and it had me thinking about Justified again. There are a few shows that are just solid all round. I think Elementary would be another, all round solid show.

It is a very good cop show, up there with Southland, Bosch, The Wire and The Shield for me. It's a little less dark than those i mentioned but that doesn't detract from solid story telling and superb performances from all involved throughout. There is no decline in quality over the 6 seasons as you see with most other shows, in fact, it improves as it goes on which is high praise considering it starts to such a high standard.

Permabanned
Tried to watch Justified at least 3 times, think we get about 4 or 5 episodes into S1 before forgetting it exists and watching other stuff. Seems to be a middle of the road/7pm Saturday show, like its consistently "ok" but not great.

May try again.

Soldato
Tried to watch Justified at least 3 times, think we get about 4 or 5 episodes into S1 before forgetting it exists and watching other stuff. Seems to be a middle of the road/7pm Saturday show, like its consistently "ok" but not great.

May try again.

Like with most 1st seasons, Justified plays it quite safe at the start. I've said previously but S2 of Justified would be in my top seasons of any show ever made, it's a perfect run of episodes.

Consigliere
Just been googling a few interviews about how they told the character and explaining the process behind it...very interesting.

@chroniclard Yeaaaah kinda. Can see character similarities with SOA and a few people pop up from SOA (won't say who but can google!).

There is crossovers also so it kinda just works. Casting is decent too!

Consigliere
Whats the timeline in relation to SOA?

The Galindo Cartel are involved heavily in Mayans MC. They make an appearance in season 4 of SOA.

Jax is mentioned/implied as in charge of SOA. Clae isn't mentioned. Also Chucky is there from the start so after he has been swapped in a card game if i recall!

^ This is from midway through season 1 of Mayans.

EDIT: How do i make a spoiler thingy? One sec...

Consigliere
3rd Season of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Don't know why I like this show, but I do :D

Could do with a few more sets - locations get a bit repetitive - but otherwise it's pretty good fun.

Kinda related and this is moi assuming you are a similiar age....do you remember the origional Sabrina with Melissa Joan Hart?

Seen she has a cringe canned laughter "joke every 10 seconds" show called Mel and Joey? :o

She has aged well!

Soldato
Kinda related and this is moi assuming you are a similiar age....do you remember the origional Sabrina with Melissa Joan Hart?

Seen she has a cringe canned laughter "joke every 10 seconds" show called Mel and Joey? :o

She has aged well!
My sister used to watch the original a lot (I'm 37, she's 34), so I saw it on TV and remember MJH very well (wasn't she in a Britney Spears or Aguilera music video once too?). I'd seen she was in that new show - I believe Joey is the same Joey from Blossom ("Woah!"), isn't he? I've not watched it at all.

Soldato
Just watched an episode of "Once upon a time in Iraq". On BBC2/iPlayer.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000kxws/once-upon-a-time-in-iraq

Like you, probably, I bumped into this last night when I should have been going to bed. I ended up watching about half an hour before forcing myself to leave it until today. I'd already recorded it as "something I really ought to watch" but it's very similar to the Vietnam series which crops up from time to time... looks indigestible from the outside, but is compelling once you're in.

Depressing, fascinating and... And that 'Rambo' guys scares the faeces out of me. He looks like a human IED waiting to go off.

Edit: blimey, there's a scene in episode two where you get caught up in a girl's story then. The sudden cut to now really took me unawares, emotionally. Powerful storytelling. If only it was fiction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom