What TV shows are you currently watching

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000kxws/once-upon-a-time-in-iraq

Like you, probably, I bumped into this last night when I should have been going to bed. I ended up watching about half an hour before forcing myself to leave it until today. I'd already recorded it as "something I really ought to watch" but it's very similar to the Vietnam series which crops up from time to time... looks indigestible from the outside, but is compelling once you're in.

Absolutely, the candid and relaxed nature in which the folk were interviewed made for compelling viewing. It just felt so... honest and real.

Depressing, fascinating and... And that 'Rambo' guys scares the faeces out of me. He looks like a human IED waiting to go off.

He was a caricature of a man wasn't he? The whole tequila thing before the interview started, the flexing of muscles, then the performance interview he gave. Equally as compelling, but of the complete opposite reason as the others!

Edit: blimey, there's a scene in episode two where you get caught up in a girl's story then. The sudden cut to now really took me unawares, emotionally. Powerful storytelling. If only it was fiction.
[/quote]

I saw a bit of it at the end of the first episode, doesn't look like it's going to be an easy watch. Will catch it tonight.

Soldato
Just started "The OA". I genuinely don't know what to say about it. It's kept my interest purely because it's so weird.
It's certainly bizarre lol stick with it though. Season 2 was certainly weird but it kept my interest throughout

Prepare yourself for unprecedented levels of "what the hell"-ery in the last episode. I've never been so angry at a TV programme. :D
Why did you get angry? Lol :D

Soldato
Happy S1 - last episode tonight. What are people's thoughts on this? I think it's ok, but there are probably better shows i could be watching.

Space Force - last episode tonight. The penultimate episode was really good. Shame it took a long time to get there!

Futureman - S2 last episode tonight. The penultimate episode was really good, but the whole of S2 has been garbage.

Got Tales from the Loop to start after this.

Soldato
I quite liked S1, but S2 just went too weird and I didn't get further than about half way...

S1 - awesome! Last 2 episodes were great, especially the human bullet shield :)

Futureman S2 finished - picked up for the last few episodes, but then Seth Rogen :rolleyes:

Tales from the Loop started - 2 episodes in and wow! Although i was quite disturbed by the 2nd episode. Please don't say these are standalone episodes and that there is a continuing story...................

Soldato
Finished S6 of Bosch. Very, very good show, probably moving in to my top 10 somewhere. I understand there's one final season to go. If I'd known, I might have waited for that to air before starting on it, but definitely recommended.

Soldato
Finished S6 of Bosch. Very, very good show, probably moving in to my top 10 somewhere. I understand there's one final season to go. If I'd known, I might have waited for that to air before starting on it, but definitely recommended.

Was curious what your opinion would be after you mentioned it in the Justified post the other day.

It is a great series, even the quieter low key series...s4 I think was still well crafted and keeps you hooked.

I like the little background threads that linger season to season without being overly obvious.

Soldato
I like the little background threads that linger season to season without being overly obvious.

Yeah, I quite liked there seemed to be two or three big cases going on simultaneously each season. Reading about them, each season seems to be based on 2 or 3 books, so I guess it makes sense? One book is one case I assume? Blend a few of them into each season?

I know I was thinking to rewatch Justified, but I've started Yelowstone instead. I really struggle rewatching things when I know there's new good stuff waiting to be watched :) I will at some point for sure, as tbf I can't remember a lot of Justified now, so it will be like watching something new again soon!

Soldato
I know I was thinking to rewatch Justified, but I've started Yelowstone instead. I really struggle rewatching things when I know there's new good stuff waiting to be watched :) I will at some point for sure, as tbf I can't remember a lot of Justified now, so it will be like watching something new again soon!

OK, please just stop. :)

I started Yellowstone last night as a solo show to watch as missus has no interest. Only saw about half of first episode as she was putting little one to bed at the time.

From what I saw of the first 25/30 minutes, I'm going to really like it. Plus it's by Taylor Sheridan who I've mentioned in other threads I really respect.

Still watching Justified too as a show to go through with missus in tandem with Killing Eve.

Soldato
Happy S1 - last episode tonight. What are people's thoughts on this? I think it's ok, but there are probably better shows i could be watching.

Space Force - last episode tonight. The penultimate episode was really good. Shame it took a long time to get there!

Futureman - S2 last episode tonight. The penultimate episode was really good, but the whole of S2 has been garbage.

Got Tales from the Loop to start after this.

Happy season 1: I loved it. Season 2, didn't click with me at all.

Futureman: Season 1 good because of the novelty factor and James Cameron's house :) Season 2 and Season 3 just throw a lot of weird stuff at you and hope some of it sticks. I enjoyed some parts of those two seasons but season 1 is the only one I would watch again.

Back
Top Bottom