1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, 27 Jan 2015.

1. arknor

Caporegime

Rewatching "person of interest" for the third time.

Great series, season one is the worst and seems like "bad person of the week" but it all ties in to the big plan

season3-5 is 10/10

2. checjb

Mobster

"Pacific Rim: The black". An anime that had the look of the recent Godzilla Earth series. It's ok but hasn't really grabbed me yet.

3. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

Noticed a few posts mentioning Snowpiercer. Just watched last episode. Was surprised season 2 kept me hooked, enjoyed the whole thing.

This is only the second series i've ever watched, most seem a bit pants to me.

The last episode was nice to see outside of the train, but ultimately left me wondering what happened and a bit disappointed. Closing scene was just an annoyance/troll. Without a season 3 coming right now i don't think i'll be able to get attached to it again if S3 does come eventually. Shame.

4. Helen Barber

Gangster

The missing 3/10 I started at season 2 , gave up after 3 episodes. Really bad!

5. Vern1961

Mobster

After our Vikings marathon, now started on The Last Kingdom!

6. Freakbro

Capodecina

Oh, I gave up after Season 1 back in the day.

7. Jean-F

Mobster

I’ve started watching the three parter, “The Hundred Years War, Chivalry and Betrayal”, on PBS, narrated by the excellent Dr. Janina Ramirez.
    The battles of Crécy, 1346, Poitiers 1356, and Agincourt 1415 were quite rightly English victories, due to England’s intelligent military commanders, and their valiant longbow archers.
    I’m saving my cheers for the lifting of the siege at Orléans, 1428-1429, where Jeanne d’Arc paved the way for Prince Charles to be crowned King Charles V11 at Rheims, and the final indignity at Castillon 1453, where the damné Anglais were finally kicked out of La France by my ancestors, just clinging on to Calais until 1558.
    Vive La France! Vive la République!

8. pepp77

Mobster

started watching Pandora on Sky. Nothing amazing but watchable enough.

9. arknor

Caporegime

ahh is you liked it at all you should give it another chance if you run out of things to watch

critics season 1 63% then every other season 100% on rotten tomatoes, season 2 is still a bit weak though until towards the end when the story arc properly comes alive, season1 was just setting up the back story and introducing most of the cast
    the machine does a lot more than just give numbers :D but takes awhile to reach that point

[​IMG]

10. melmac

Sgarrista

Finished Season 2 of the Goliath. Not a patch on season 1, it was watchable but so many silly things ruin it. Where the first Season was hard hitting, but believable, this descended into ridiculous too many times.

Just mentioning two things that really annoyed me. The first was near the beginning when Tom and Loomis were discussing framing Julio for the murders. tom said he had a guy already lined up to take the fall but they might as well go ahead and use Julio. Later on when they see the billboards with Marisol and Julio together, why didn't they decide to frame the guy that Tom was going to use initially? That would have the simplest, easiest solution to everything. It would have looked great for Marisol's bid to become Mayor and it would have stopped Billy McBride trying to solve the case. He would have got Julio off and everyone would have went away happy.

The second thing was when Billy was been held in the Cartel's house in Mexico. It was all so stupid. The whole scene in the house. His getaway where we are supposed to believe him and a middle aged woman got away on foot from the Cartel's guards in trucks and using drones. And, when they did catch up to him and shot him across a railway track that they didn't walk over to double check and make sure he was dead. It was so bad.

@CrimsonAvenger I am with IMDB on Season 2, It wasn't great. If you haven't watch it yet, don't read the spoilers!!

11. SideWinder

Consigliere

Smashing through Vikings still...prefer the character development in The Last Kingdom but this is still great. Halfway through Season 3. :)

12. CrimsonAvenger

Wise Guy

@CrimsonAvenger I am with IMDB on Season 2, It wasn't great. If you haven't watch it yet, don't read the spoilers!![/QUOTE]

4 episodes in on Season 2. It's okay. Not as good as S1 though agreed.

13. cheesyboy

Capodecina

I liked Goliath S1, but really didn't enjoy S2, and couldn't get through S3. It's just too silly.

It's a shame, because I like the core characters.

14. ic1male

Caporegime

I'm being bombarded by TV at the moment, Amazon Prime offered me a week trial so have watched Episode 1 of both The Walking Dead and Star Trek Picard. Both have me wanting to watch more (after a slow start).

15. melmac

Sgarrista

I read somewhere that Season 3 was a return to been as good as Season 1. But, So far, Season 3 has been terrible. Silly is exactly the right phrase. What's with all the magic/voodoo crap, and way, way too much time spent staring into space. And it's turning out the "bad" guys, the Goliaths are just as stupid as the ones in Season 2. They have an easy out that won't cost them anything, would actually work out better for them in the long term, but, noooo, they have to pick the option that makes sure Billy McBride sticks around.

I really like the core characters. But they are doing nothing with any of them.

It's just Silly. Rant Over.

16. nands

Mobster

Unforgotten - good UK police drama about old cases (one per series) and the effect they have on people in the present day. First two series enjoyed on Britbox, third is there too and the fourth series is broadcast now.

17. doodah

Capodecina

Oz for the second time (first for my wife), the show that started it all in some ways for HBO. Not one you binge several episodes at a time but still a great drama.

Beecher just dropped a doocey on Jay Jonah Jamieson :D.

18. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

The Terror on BBC iplayer, great stuff.

19. Colonel_Klinck

Soldato

Yeah it was written as 3 series but then got cancelled during season 2 so they had to rewrite it to fit in to 2. Was great though.

20. DampDog

Mobster

I noticed that, looked interesting. Have it on series record so will give it a go.