1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, 27 Jan 2015.

1. spidiweb7

Gangster

I'm also half way through "The One", like you i dismissed it at first thinking it was an xfactor esque type show but it certainly does have some black mirror vibes! I'd recommend if you like black mirror.

2. nands

Mobster

Just waiting for series 4 to get a few more episodes aired before bringing. Really enjoyed the first three.

Just started rewatching Extras (Ricky Gervais) loving it so far!

3. DampDog

Mobster

Walking dead has been great entertainment up to series 7ish, then as you say it's devolved into something of a formulistic approach that they've done to death. To be fair I continue to watch it, but it's more to do with watching it from the start than eagerly awaiting the next episode. That said they still conjure up an odd twist here and there.

I gave Black Summer a go. I thought it might develop into something interesting but for me it just dived over a cliff with way to many wtf! why? moments.
    The last episode is a shocker. Huge groups of people appear from thin air, all arriving the stadium en-masse for all but random battle. Then! Just their group are magically greeted by Rose's daughter. Utter tosh.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2021
  4. ivrytwr3

Mobster

I'm the same, sticking with it only because i have followed it from the start. As for Black Summer, i really enjoyed it, yes it had its flaws, but it was gruesome at times and the Z's were a real threat.

Black Summer season 2 confirmed apparently too :)

5. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

It was all going so well until she gets superpowers and sat in on her husbands conversation with his bit on the side, then it just got silly

6. Nevakonaza

Soldato

Power Book II: Ghost

Enjoyed every single episode of Power,So had to watch this follow on too.
    Only thing that is a let down is they went off Netflix and onto StarzPlay instead, So you have to subscribe to Starzplay to watch it, Personally i don't think the image quality is as good as Netflix, Doesn't quite seem 4K :(

7. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

The Valhalla Murders - not the best Scandi crime series you'll see, but entertaining enough.

8. secretspy

Soldato

Just started Big Sky on Disney plus. Seems promising :)

9. krooton

Caporegime

Have you actually finished the show? The above sounds like you haven't :p

10. Warbie

Soldato

The Terror. I'm late to the party on this and it's one of the best shows i've seen in recent times. Top writing, acting - Jared Harris and the rest of the cast are excellent - and on iplayer. Well worth a watch.

11. melmac

Sgarrista

The X-Files.

Been a while seen I watched this show. Watching on Disney Plus, currently 3 episodes in.

12. MissChief

Capodecina

Also been working through For All Mankind. It's very slickly produced and looks great, but it feels like it's missing something. The drama feels manufactured a little, I'm up to Episode 6 now so only two more of S1 to go and I see S2 has just started a few weeks ago and, I believe, Season 3 has been confirmed already SVS is acting her socks off here, and I know things were rather different in the 60's and 70's but the characters seem a little bit 'cookie cutter'. I'll finish the series up, I'm half expecting
    something to go wrong on the moon for either the Soviets or the US base and they'll need each others help in some way. I also expected a tragedy of some sort and the pad explosion was just it. Wasn't sure about the Mexican girl, couldn't work out what part she was playing, no doubt she'll be some child prodigy who helps NASA later with some very complex problem.

13. Vern1961

Mobster

Continuing to plough through The Last Kingdom, almost at the end of Season 3. It paints a slightly different picture of the Vikings and their customs than "Vikings" and of course is almost entirely based in England. The music score is superb, not normally into New Age/Folk type stuff but it sends a shiver up the spine.

Talking of shivers up the spine S3 E7 is definitely not for the squeamish.
    It's the one where AEthelwold has one of his eye's burned out with a red hot poker, as punishment for treason. I genuinely could not watch that scene - I mean I know it's only special effects but even afterwards the make up effects were totally gruesome.

14. TheVoice

Capodecina

I was a few episodes into Boss on Amazon Prime but they seem to have removed it (again, because it disappeared for a couple of days earlier this month). Shame as I was really enjoying it.

I'm a few episodes into Hanna, also on Amazon. Not sure so far, it doesn't seem to be doing anything particularly differently or better than the film did, but the production values are high so I'll stick with it.

Also started re-watching 24 from the start the other night now it's all on Disney+. It's looking a little old now (and the cast look so young!) which I'm having trouble processing properly because in my head it doesn't "feel" like a 20 year old TV show, but it's still great.

Travelers was great, I think being Canadian rather than American gave it a bit of a different feel to what it otherwise would have been. It also had one of the best "Groundhog Day" style time-loop episodes of any TV series, really creative.

15. spidiweb7

Gangster

Watching what is now becoming a yearly tradition of binge watching Drive to Survive before the new F1 season begins :D

16. rids57

Soldato

half way through re-watching The Queen's Gambit - it's even better the second time. Anya Taylor-Joy's performance was incredible, all the subtle nuances in her face and body language was a masterclass and was the only commentary needed for the chess games. She said that most days she was playing multiple ages and her whole persona and body language changed depending on which wig she was wearing - and of course it helps that she's breathtakingly beautiful. :)

17. hyperseven

Sgarrista

Re-watched Brass Eye last night and somehow don't think it would work in today's enlightened society :D

(******* hilarious though)

Last edited: 20 Mar 2021
  18. Reality|Bites

Perma Banned

I've just watched a clip of a cartoon called Solar Opposites, It seems like it might have the same silly scifi shenanigans as you get from Rick and Morty.

https://youtu.be/c6Kr1SW6NGE

19. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Just finished 'Man Down' with/by Greg Davis. It was okay,, perhaps a little too silly for me...

20. simc1978

Gangster

I'm watching In to the Dark on Netflix, quite enjoying it