What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
The terror.

Absolutely brilliant and not what I was expecting 10/10.

Walking dead.
1/10 so far this season, so mind numbingly boring, really painful.
Will jump in when rick finally makes a comeback to see it out .

Last edited:
Soldato
It was all going so well until she gets superpowers and sat in on her husbands conversation with his bit on the side, then it just got silly

Behind Her Eyes....

We thought that the series, a little strange, was "ok" but then.....

When you realised it was some sort of astral projection thing during sleep it became a little too fanciful to be credible. To then go on to be a multi body swap thing via astral projection, well it kinda lost what credibility remained at that point. A little silly overall.

The terror.

Absolutely brilliant and not what I was expecting 10/10.

Walking dead.
1/10 so far this season, so mind numbingly boring, really painful.
Will jump in when rick finally makes a comeback to see it out .

I read the book before watching The Terror, so kinda expected what happened in the series. Still, it was excellent watch, not sure what happened with season 2 tho.... just didn't bother after the first episode. Not that th

Whilst we are waiting for series 4 of Unforgotten to finish, then binge watch, we have started to re-watch season 1 of Hidden, series 2 being recently made available on iPlayer. Most entertaining.

Caporegime
I had and was still ridiculously far fetched but I did enjoy the finale anyway.

I likened it to Black Mirror/Haunting of xyz, so there being a supernatural element was fine to me.

Interestingly, I have asked a few people who found the ending silly or a wasted opportunity what would have been a better ending, and no-one could give me an answer.

I thought the twist was pretty good.

Caporegime
Started back with the expanse from series 3 and now 1st episode of 4...

It's ok but, call me a heretic, the characters are really 1 dimensional and cliché.

It's still interesting and very cool but I'm finding the way stuff just happens and the way people react and fall in place extremely convenient.

But ... I'm still watching... Series 4 has taken a huge side step... See where this goes?

Soldato
Binged all of Behind Her Eyes recently and enjoyed it. You do need to keep an open mind and it does have that kind of Black Mirror feel to it

Also binged all of Ginny and Georgia. Was much better than I expected and found it easy to binge. Some shows I find I can watch one episode and not feel fussed about watching the next one straight after but with this I found it easy to get hooked on.

Am going back through my Netflix now to try and finish some of the other shows I've previously started and then stopped half way through the series :o

Soldato
I've ploughed through quite a lot in the last few weeks and I always check this thread for recommendations.

On the back of the Korean film Parasite I've ventured into a couple of Korean series on Netflix.

Sisyphus - New episode every week at present and quite an enjoyable take on time travel and the avoidance of a dystopian future. Its actually got quite a lot of charm, decent character development and good action scenes.
Alice - less engrossed in this one and I think it's the lack of empathy I have with the main character.

I've also watched all of the Shield and really enjoyed it. Not sure how I missed this for so long but the first 6 seasons were excellent. I felt it fizzled out a bit towards the end but it's a great series.

Soldato

It's ok but, call me a heretic, the characters are really 1 dimensional and cliché.

It's still interesting and very cool but I'm finding the way stuff just happens and the way people react and fall in place extremely convenient.

But ... I'm still watching... Series 4 has taken a huge side step... See where this goes?
Season 5 was worse than 4 in terms of the liberties taken with the books.

In other news, almost finished watching The Last Kingdom, final two episodes of S4 tonight. Found Ep8 unintentionally hilarious - it’s the one where the Welsh King decides to “Round up some boyos” to give the Vikings a kicking and
promptly gets his posterior handed to him as the Danes rout his forces with pretty much zero casualties on their side.

Soldato

I will be interested to read your review of Season 5 when you have it watched.

SPG

SPG

Soldato

Only Amos, Drummer and peaches to a certain extent have any depth. Holden and Naomi are dull as cheese.

Soldato
Binged all of Behind Her Eyes recently and enjoyed it. You do need to keep an open mind and it does have that kind of Black Mirror feel to it

I've watched all of it this week. Was really enjoying it first until:

the astral projecting stuff, which gave me a bit of the roll eyes

But I was then fine with it and then the crazy twists were pretty good! I realised where it was heading half way through the last episode.

Overall I think it was pretty good!

Man of Honour
You on Netflix is somewhat Dexter-esque with the inner monologue and anti-hero aspects. I enjoyed both seasons.

The Flight Attendant was also good.

I recorded The Flight Attendant on Sky 1 tonight, and set up a series link.
We’d finished the last Rebecca Martinsson Swedish lawyer/cop series, and my wife had said, “Do a bit of channel surfing, and see what’s around.”
I noticed “Scott and Bailey”, the Manchester women detectives programme, and recorded two episodes to see what she thought, she dismissed that as not even a pound shop “Cagney and Lacey”, more like a 99p shop “Cagney and Lacey”.

Back
Top Bottom