What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Close to the end of S2 of Fargo, S1 and this have been fantastic so far. Incredible writing, really good acting and some of the cinematography is simply stunning.

Associate
Just finished Season 4 of The Expanse. So happy it's found its way again after the hugely lackluster Season 3.

Most of the characters are still as 2D and un-likeable as ever though, which is a shame.

Soldato
I have tried to explain to my kids what an absolute cultural phenomenon The X Files was when it first aired. They just can't get it.
Not many Shows get a song about it.

Trying to watch a few episodes a week now and I actually forgot how good it was as I only dipped in and out when I was younger.

Soldato
I started x files for the first time back in Sept last year. I've struggled to binge it though, sometimes I found an episode or two that drags on a bit.

I've just finished watching all of The Alienist. Really enjoyed both series and each episode kept me interested for more

Soldato
Started Line of Duty (season 1), a few 'that would never happen' moments but really enjoyed it.
We've been running through from season 1 and now halfway though 4. Yes there are a few of those moments but the drama is good and the acting first class. Hastings gets better after season 1. There are loose moments and the odd logical failure but they stay close enough to believable to keep the immersion. Quite gripping and will they get away with it is never far from your mind.

@MissChief We're halfway through season 2 of For All Mankind I agree there is some forced feeling to the drama and a few cookie cutter characters but I think they are doing a good balance of 60's retro and modern audience expectations. But it is beautifully done and the science fiction of what can we do if money/political will is not a constraint is great.

Caporegime
We've been running through from season 1 and now halfway though 4. Yes there are a few of those moments but the drama is good and the acting first class. Hastings gets better after season 1. There are loose moments and the odd logical failure but they stay close enough to believable to keep the immersion. Quite gripping and will they get away with it is never far from your mind.

@MissChief We're halfway through season 2 of For All Mankind I agree there is some forced feeling to the drama and a few cookie cutter characters but I think they are doing a good balance of 60's retro and modern audience expectations. But it is beautifully done and the science fiction of what can we do if money/political will is not a constraint is great.
On season 5 now :D - me and the wife are hooked! Need to slow it down as we will catch up with season 6 too quickly and have to wait a week for each episode. Good to hear that about For All Mankind - we saw it was a Ronald D Moore show and after a recent third viewing of BSG, added it to our 'to watch' list.

Associate
Not many Shows get a song about it.

Trying to watch a few episodes a week now and I actually forgot how good it was as I only dipped in and out when I was younger.

The X Files unfortunately really dropped off in quality after a while. I think it was either season 4 or 5 where the underlying arc got so stretched out and the stand alone episodes seemed to be rehashing the same material. I did watch the recent revival and David Duchovny not ageing was a true mystery in itself!

Caporegime
On season 5 now :D - me and the wife are hooked! Need to slow it down as we will catch up with season 6 too quickly and have to wait a week for each episode. Good to hear that about For All Mankind - we saw it was a Ronald D Moore show and after a recent third viewing of BSG, added it to our 'to watch' list.
I ended up giving up on For All Mankind halfway through episode 3 of season 2 I think it was. I will likely pick it up again but I don’t know what it is, it seems very competent and it’s beautifully shot and the CGI is very good, but it seems too polished if that makes sense? A lot of Christopher Nolan films suffer the same thing, very polished and clean looking.

Last edited:
Soldato

I'm a couple of episodes in myself now, not sure about it yet, not really gripped me at this point.

Soldato
Rewatching Line Of Duty with my wife as she's never watched it and want to refresh myself ready for S6. We're almost to the end of S2 and it's mostly as good as I remember. Great characters and performances throughout, find the interview room scenes more interesting than any of the actual action you see.

However i'm already spotting a number of incredulous logic leaps that were probably not so apparent due to great performances, also mentally preparing myself for my biggest eye roll moment of S5.

Dot using morse code in his dying moments to spell H

...absolute nonsense and made me lose respect for the show for quite some time. Glad i've come back for a rewatch though. Nice to binge through knowing whats coming and glancing at my wifes expression during key moments.

Soldato
The Irregulars - a group of poor kids recruited by time of the day Watson to do some investigations and the tarot and mythos they uncover gets deeper with each episode.

Myself and the wife are watching it, almost completely in the dark as some scenes are very low light filmed.
Enjoying it, not sure why, i think i am enjoying it more than i should, but even so, still enjoying it.
This and Bridgerton both used a process of any colour in any role, as if racism and slavery had never existed, I actually quite like this, when making up your own setting, the rules of the time don't have to apply. The kids can read for example, and are quite smart, which I'm thinking might not have been overly common in the poor and destitute of the era.

Back
Top Bottom