1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, 27 Jan 2015.

1. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

If you are into foreign shows, I highly recommend 'Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story'

Great series, well put together and has me hooked.

9.5 on IMDB - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12392504/

Subtitles are easy to follow.

2. secretspy

Soldato

Started rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Disney plus :o I don't think I ever watched the last series

3. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

Finished it.

Really good :) Just a 1 season / 10 episode series.

Kept me entertained all the way through, definitely one I recommend, especially if you like shows based on a true story.

Going to start Godfather of Harlem next... love me some Forest Whitaker ever since I saw Ghost Dog

Edit: Watched the first episode of Godfather of Harlem, decent cast but the writing's a bit... meh. Should have guessed from the title haha. Will persevere, might get better...

Last edited: 22 May 2021
  4. kai

Mobster

I have just finished watching The Innocent on Netflix. For me this is a hidden gem. Its original and intriguing whereby there are twists as stories come together. It's dubbed' but found it hard to tell if im honest.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10147644/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Solid rating on IMDB. 8.0

An accidental killing leads a man down a dark hole of intrigue and murder. Just as he finds love and freedom, one phone call brings back the nightmare

5. Andrew_McP

Mobster

The trailers for season 2 mention it's from the 'Unforgotten' team, which has to be a good indication. So this has gone on my list of TV for the future.

But having started watching the original version of The Killing recently I'm a bit overloaded with depressing "looks guilty but probably isn't" narrative at the moment. If I'd realised it was 20 episodes in the first series I might have stuck with my vague memory of the American version. I'm up to 15 and a bit burned out! Still want to finish it, but... maybe it's having to focus on the thing for so long that's taxing me. I like a bit of subtitled drama, but a LOT of subtitled drama is proving to be more challenging in a condensed period.

6. kai

Mobster

You are confused with the Innocent (ITV drama). This something very different :) and significantly better.

The show, i am talking about is The Innocent - Netflix series. This is based on the book of the same name by Harlan Coben. The show has been billed as a limited series, meaning that it is unlikely that more seasons will be on the way.

7. Andrew_McP

Mobster

My default state! :) Thanks for the clarification. I'm well out of touch with subscription TV, but I'll add it to my list for next time I sign up for a month.

8. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Was off work last week and lay in bed with covid type symptoms and watched through all 4 seasons of Unforgotten, really wish I hadn't waited so long.

It's just utterly excellent TV, a few convenient plot contrivances here and there, not to the level of Line of Derpty so easily forgiven.

Great stories, teasingly unwound through tight 6 episode seasons, excellent acting from all throughout.

Simply one of the best crime/cop drama series I have ever seen.

9. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

Man this show is a hard watch, 8/10 on IMDB but I have no idea why. Anyone know if it gets any better? I'm feeling to sack it off...

10. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Just finished S4 of Snowfall. Very good, although I didn't enjoy S4 as much as the others, was still a good watch.

11. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

Trailer looks good - I'm gonna **** off this Godfather of Harlem nonsense and give that a go. Thanks :)

12. Tony Edwards

Soldato

Couple more episodes for me but yes S4 is very good.

13. Nabeshogun

Gangster

I watched seasons 3 and 4 of Castlevania... I really liked how everything ended and really hope they just leave things there.

It's a really solid show and I'd recommend it.

14. Andrew_McP

Mobster

I know they're on iPlayer, but they're piling up on my recorder while I finish other stuff. But Snowfall really was a pleasant surprise to me. Deserves to be better know.

I came to Unforgotten late too and share your enthusiasm. I am routinely disappointed by UK drama, and definitely fell out of love with Line of Duty along the way. But Unforgotten has never disappointed.

15. DampDog

Mobster

Season 2 of Ragnarok starts tomorrow on Netflix. Quite enjoyed the first series, only 6 episodes. Feels low budget but enjoyable little Norwegian series

16. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

Anyone recommend any sci-fi type stuff on Netflix?

Just about finishing up Colony, very enjoyable.

17. Helen Barber

Gangster

Is justified good?

18. AndyCr15

Capodecina

It's in my top 3. I'm not sure I know anyone that didn't like it. Great acting, great characters, AMAZING script, great story, good ending.

19. MoRT489

Soldato

One of the most boring shows I’ve seen... no idea why people rate it so highly.

20. Helen Barber

Gangster

That's a mixed Two answers