What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
The Killing (Danish, original version) is brilliant.

Earlier this week finished the second series of Narcos Mexico and Season 3 launched today, well chuffed with the timing! :)

Binged watched that last week. Superb! So many twists and turns.

Having a break before watching season 2.

Soldato
Such as? I'm not criticizing just curious.
There were various things which sounded a bit odd to me, but two I remember were that all elements heavier than iron are produced when two stars collide, and that stars produce supernovae at the end of their life (with no qualifying statement).

From googling it seems that neutron star collisions are supposedly the source of at least some heavy elements, which I don't think featured in my school physics, but there doesn't seem to be anything recent refuting the production of heavy elements in regular old supernovae, or in normal stars by certain processes. These other sources didn't get mentioned by the program at all, and I don't think it mentioned neutron star collisions specifically either, just general star collisions, so it wasn't even partially right really.

For the other 'fact', only stars heavier than a certain limit will produce supernovae, with others ending their lives in different ways.

Maybe I misunderstood what Brian was saying, but I don't think I did... And if I did then it's maybe a good illustration of how poorly the show explained the topics it purports to be documenting.

Soldato
Watch the first The Outlaws last night. New from Stephen Merchant with good cast (including Christopher Walken!) about a group doing community service in Bristol.

Started off like a sitcom but stretched out over an hour and got a bit more serious towards the end of the episode.

Not sure what it is aiming at. Will watch another though.

We've watched 4 Ep's of this and enjoying it a lot. I would say it's the jokes/comedy side of it that's the weakest at times, with some of the delivery a bit weak and silly, but the drama side of it is excellent.

Man of Honour
[QUOTE="2013, post: 33727660, member: 142521"

Or a comedy
Im up to date with the big bang theory, Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, Last man standing, Brooklyn nine nine[/QUOTE]

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I couldn’t get on with The Goldbergs nor Modern Family, but I think that Young Sheldon is fantastic, likewise Last Man Standing, and I couldn’t resist 8 Simple Rules, maybe I suffer from arrested development.
Raegan Revord as Young Sheldon’s twin sister Missy has all the best lines and plays the annoying sister perfectly.
The episode where her her dad George is driving her to a baseball game in which she’s slated to pitch was hilarious.
She gets George to pull into a gas station so that she can pee, then gets back into the truck, announcing that “it” has happened, she’s become a woman.
Poor George rushes into the convenience store and buys every feminine hygiene product on the shelves.
Tim Allen’s character Mike Baxter’s politics in Last Man Standing were a bit tiresome, but the show itself was outstanding IMO.
A lot of guys probably loved 8 Simple Rules for Kaley Cuoco as big sister Bridget, but I always thought that Amy Davidson as younger sister Kerry was way more attractive.
Apparently Amy as the younger sister was 6 years older than Kaley Cuoco in real life.

Associate
Thanks for the tip. Will check it out. Episode 4 did not dissapoint, more of the same quality.
Indeed, 5 I think is the weakest of the lot so far, but it’s still a great watch and the quality doesn’t drop at all. It’s just a couple of bits I had issue with that dragged it down for me. 6 is great.
Roll on the 20th!

Caporegime
Finished watching Midnight Mass with a friend. Everything Flanagan makes is gold. A really different take on a 'classic' trope. Really though the horror is only a small part of the story, it's as much about faith and loss.

Soldato
Working my way through Bad Sport on Netflix, about sporting scandals, mainly from 20 to 30 years back. It's certainly interesting, but at the same time I feel like they miss a lot out. Some of the episodes I feel like they say 'yeah, we were doing this for years, then we got caught' and then it's about what happens after. I guess some info they just can't get, so they skip over it.

For example, did I read correctly right at the end, on screen for a few seconds, it said the Americans and Russians toured together after this?!?! Wait, what?!?! So they go along making out they're mortal enemies, but actually they got on and even teamed up? I'd have liked to hear about that tbh

Soldato
Just finished Narcos : Mexico season 3, superb as usual but absolutely gutted that’s it, I’ve seen there’s no season 4. I thought they’d carry on with the El Chapo story.

Back
Top Bottom