1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, 27 Jan 2015.

1. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Yeah, the Ewan McGregor season, everything was just off about it. Maybe as the first season was so good and season 2 mostly decent my expectations were too high.

2. MoRT489

Soldato

I just watched a trailer on Netflix for something new called Cowboy Bebop, no idea WTAF it’s about but looks great :D

Completely forgot about this after watching the first two episodes years ago! Will try it again now that it’s on NowTV.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2021
  3. Darujhistan

Soldato

I've only seen the US Killing, but one of the best Cop/Murder drams i've ever seen. Right up there with "The Bridge".

4. Darujhistan

Soldato

Yeah, you didn't miss much. It was only Eva Green that kept me going until the end. The spinoff has been canned after 1 season, and it is by all counts terrible, having said that it does have Natalie Dormer in it, so...

:D

5. Greebo

Caporegime

We both thought this was fantastic. So many twists and turns just when you think you know who the killer is.

S2 and S3 move at a faster pace with them being only 12 episodes long but to a degree are better for it. The first season must have gone through 4 or 5 dead cert suspects for who the killer was before settling on one.

Best things we have watched on TV this year.

6. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Was worth persisting for Eva Greens boobs I suppose :D

7. Alice In Wonderland

Hitman

I agree that it definitely doesn't have the same spark or originality but like you, I still enjoyed it.

The first season was my introduction to scandi noir and ever since then, I've always sought to seek out similar things.

8. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

With the great feedback and buzz around Chucky I watched the first episode last night and it wasn't actually that bad, it's certainly caught my interest and will be watching the rest.

Bonus points for having Dourif doing the voice again.

9. SupraWez

Mobster

Watched the Inspiration 4 docu on Netlix, was interesting, didn't realise that only one of them was a billionaire and the other three were selected or that they raised money for charity.

10. Richeh

Mobster

Am halfway through 'The Great' Season 2. Really a fantastic series, great production, acting and brilliant humour. Highly recommend it.

11. Semple

Sgarrista

Almost coming to the end of agents of shield. I'm glad in a way, the first few seasons were excellent. But I can't help but feel it's getting dragged out.

12. chroniclard

Capodecina

Yeah, I have read the books, multiple times and it's 50/50 for me. There is so much wrong about it, it's really jarring when you know.

13. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Just finished both seasons of Manhunt, after listening to a podcast featuring DCI Colin Sutton (YouTube / Podcast) talking mostly about the case in the second season. I think I'll listen to it again now I've seen the TV show about it.

I really like how... real... the show felt. It wasn't overly dramatic. No shootouts, not really car chases, just what I imagine really goes on in an investigation. Good show. Worth a watch.

14. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Dopesick 8/10
    Despite all the wokery, this is a really good series about the pharmaceutical industry and the pushing of a particularly addictive drug. Michael Keaton is very good and the story keeps you watching. Highly recommended.

15. Maundie

Mobster

Just started The Devil Nextdoor on Netflix, it's about a Ukrainian immigrant to the US who is extradited in 1986 to be tried in Israel for being Ivan the Terrible a Treblinka Death Camp guard, it's quite good but also has some awful tales of the Holocaust

16. iamtheoneneo

Capodecina

Just finished 'only murders in the building' (Hulu) with Steve Martin/Selena Gomez. Basically a murder mystery with some interesting third wall stuff going on.

Decent show, easy to watch but slow to get going. Has a great production throughout (one episode is entirely non-spoken). Not quite absolute 'must watch' but could easily be next season if they get things flowing a bit better.
    Solid 8.5/10

17. Alice In Wonderland

Hitman

King's of Pain which is currently on Blaze.

Grown men testing their pain level tolerances with animals biting them!

And I'm thoroughly enjoying it albeit with my mouth open wide in shock, horror and awe at some!

Definitely don't want a slow loris after watching this!!

18. ivrytwr3

Mobster

F if for Family S5 is out.

Up to ep 6, not as funny as the previous seasons and even more depressing! But still enjoying it.

19. RianBB

Associate

Dark Series

20. Syore

Gangster

Just started to watch Cowboy Bebop.