What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Just started to watch True Story.

I tried to watch this. It didn't work for me. Kevin Hart is just playing the exact same character he does in every one of his films and stand ups. Snipes is decent in those roles where plays a slimey, shifty, untrustworthy character.

I think they should gone for a more serious drama dark atmospheric drama, perhaps set in the early 80s and coming into the 90s which were a golden age of black stand up comedians.

Associate
Making my way through Superman & Lois on BBC iPlayer - audio issues aside (seems to be the norm nowadays), its pretty soapyfied and full of teenage angst (from Clark's and Lois' sons not from Lois or Clark :D ). It ain't bad, SFX is pretty good and as I hadn't watched any of the other DC shows seemingly (dis)connected with this I'm aware of the crossover event that happened. It also seems TV shows are all jumping in on the multiverse train with this, MCU and Doctor Who all at it. I bet the writers at Dallas HQ back in the 80's wished they'd thought of a multiverse to bring back Bobby Ewing...would have been better than just "the last 10 years were all just a bad dream". :D

Soldato
Making my way through Superman & Lois on BBC iPlayer - audio issues aside (seems to be the norm nowadays), its pretty soapyfied and full of teenage angst (from Clark's and Lois' sons not from Lois or Clark :D ). It ain't bad, SFX is pretty good and as I hadn't watched any of the other DC shows seemingly (dis)connected with this I'm aware of the crossover event that happened. It also seems TV shows are all jumping in on the multiverse train with this, MCU and Doctor Who all at it. I bet the writers at Dallas HQ back in the 80's wished they'd thought of a multiverse to bring back Bobby Ewing...would have been better than just "the last 10 years were all just a bad dream". :D

Watched this over the weekend, good popcorn show.

Funny you mention the audio, through skyQ it was also below par, seems like a very low bitrate.

Associate
Watched this over the weekend, good popcorn show.

Funny you mention the audio, through skyQ it was also below par, seems like a very low bitrate.

I don't know what it is, we found we had to crank up the volume to hear dialogue but the music and some SFX sounds were really loud. Happening more and more on programmes and films on streaming sites. Like you said may be the bitrate.

Soldato
Associate
Finished watching True Story. It one of those plots where you know the real baddie from the first episode but fails to convince the viewers that its not throughout the whole series. Overall i give it a meh.

Just started to watch The Outlaws.

Soldato
Started watching Justified about 3 weeks ago, not sure how I missed it 1st time round. Really enjoying it so far, few episodes from the end of series 2.

Permabanned
Finally finished Gotham after coming to it late, 50% drivel 50% half decent, terrible ending season with an utter lunacy of a "plot" that is semi redeemed by the final cheesy episode. 6/10 :)

Now we need a new filler show!

Back
Top Bottom