What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I've just binged the whole of season 3 tonight. No idea why I can barely find any other posts on it. It's absolutely brilliant. Gervais is such a genius and a very talented serious actor too.

I'm up to episode 3 and find it isn't a patch on S1 and 2 - i hope it picks up.

There's been a couple of laughs so far, but then Ricky does something completely dickish and unbelievable ie dads ashes in the pub and then in the face of the owner.

Soldato
The most terrifying thing for me watching Archive 81 - the writers seem to be under the impression that it is normal for more people in society to be damaged and in need of therapy than not...

Don't want to derail the thread but it's shocking how many people are or have seen some sort of therapist in their lives. After my breakdown in 2017, I started opening up to folk about it a year later both personally and professionally. It's no exaggeration to say around 40% of the folks I spoke with also admitted to either being in or previously having had therapy. It was a massive eye opener.

Caporegime
Don't want to derail the thread but it's shocking how many people are or have seen some sort of therapist in their lives. After my breakdown in 2017, I started opening up to folk about it a year later both personally and professionally. It's no exaggeration to say around 40% of the folks I spoke with also admitted to either being in or previously having had therapy. It was a massive eye opener.

This. I myself had a breakdown in 2013 and spent 6 months in therapy. It was the best thing I have ever done and without it, I seriously doubt I would still be here.

But since then I have been more open about my issues and having had therapy and it surprising how many other people I know have had therapy but had never ever mentioned it.

The stats supports it. 1 in 4 people in the UK will have mental health issues each year. Thats a lot of people

https://www.mind.org.uk/media-a/2958/statistics-facts-2017.pdf

The fact that 1 in 5 people will have suicidal thoughts in their lifetime and 6.7% of people will make an attempt at suicide shows how big the issue is.

Most people know around 200-300 people through family, friends, work etc. That means every person will know up to 60 people who will think about suicide at some point and up to 20 people who will try to commit suicide.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm up to episode 3 and find it isn't a patch on S1 and 2 - i hope it picks up.

There's been a couple of laughs so far, but then Ricky does something completely dickish and unbelievable ie dads ashes in the pub and then in the face of the owner.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. His humour and philosophies are usually very accurate observations on people and life, but that part was very silly. It's still worth watching all episodes though.

Soldato
Lego Masters Australia

Well I've been binge watching this over the last week or so, and it's turned out rather addictive. Quite amusing to watch, good levels of humour from my fave host Hamish Blake and what the contestants are capable of building is seriously impressive. A really great watch :)

There's also a Uk and USA version, but no idea if they are as good.

Caporegime
Really enjoying The Queens Gambit at the mo, four episodes in and I'm still keen - which is saying something for me where TVs shows are concerned!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Sex education, it some cracking cringeworthy American pie moments very funny and Gillian Anderson is brilliant in it.

Soldato
Finished After Life 3 last night.

Wasn't the best series of the 3, 1st few episodes had its moments, but a couple of scenes that were ridiculous and didn't show Tony in the best light - he was a git, but was always kind at heart. However, the final episode wrapped up really well and was a bit emotional.

Finished ep4, S4 of Cobra Kai - a bit pants, but sticking with it.

Doom Patrol - finished ep5 of S1 - enjoying it all so far, can't believe i missed this first time around.

Soldato
Started Book of Bobba Fett yesterday, enjoying it but I liked the Mandalorian and it's very similar in style.

Also Lego Masters Australia kids enjoy Lego at the moment so thought I'd download the first episode. Really a lot of fun didn't know it was a a Bake Off style competition. Kids think it's great, nice easy family entertainment ... if you like Lego.

Soldato
Think it appeared 2-3 years back, but just watched "Free Solo" again. Not a series, just a one-off documentary chronicling Alex Honnold's attempts to conquer the first free solo climb of famed El Capitan. I think it has equal measure of wtf and that's astonishing.

Back
Top Bottom