What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Two of my favourites.
Lethal weapon would have been better if they had a better reason for bringing in the new star
Then you will really like Castle and The Mentalist, same episode by episode stories with an overarching storyline and really likeable characters with great chemistry.

I haven’t seen any of Lethal Weapon since they replaced Riggs, a real shame he screwed that up as the show was really good imo (as a fan of the movies, I think it stood well on its own).

The first season should have been about 3 episodes shorter, a lot of filler but I powered through, that said there were some excellent moments throughout but I'd never rewatch. I generally will watch Jared Harris in most things, a great actor.
Absolutely agree about the first one needing to be shorter. There is no denying that visually it was stunning and the acting was superb. However, it just dragged for me and in the end felt like pulling teeth without any anaesthetic!

It is why I was initially unsure of The Terror: Infamy, but it is the right length (10 episodes) and so much better.

I forgot to mention that it does have subtitles in places as it mainly focuses on a Japanese American family in the prisoner of war camps in America but I think you will feel more satisfied with this one.

Soldato
The characters are half brothers, but with one on prime and one on Netflix not sure we will get any crossovers.
Ah gotcha - thought this was another actor sibling that took me by surprise. :D

Latest was finding out Pablo Schreiber (Halo, OITNB) was half brother to Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan)

Soldato
Reacher on Prime, three episodes in and enjoying it.

I enjoyed the Tom Cruise film but Alan Richardson fills the role better being 6'4" playing the 6'5" Reacher as opposed to Tom's 5'7".

Soldato
Nearing the end of S2 of Ozark and getting a bit sick of the convenience of some of these plot devices, for the most part it's well written but then it's throwing in silly twists and turns that break any immersion. I'm still enjoying it and no intention of stopping, it is somewhat tedious at times though.

Also does anyone else find it feels artificially dark all the time, I understand it's dark, damp and depressing and it's a stylistic choice but any time we watch an episode, I need to raise the brightness on the TV.

Soldato
Just finished watching Firefly (plus the follow up movie Serenity).

Had to pinch myself the original TV series is now 20 years old. Well it's still okay but not as compelling as other sci-fi. In the cold light of day not hard to see why the studio canned it. Joss Whedon couldn't really decide whether he wanted to do a space story or a Western and this certainly comes across in the first few episodes. So much didn't make sense - the high tech/low tech, if humans had reached the point where they could travel out from Earth and reach plus travel around a solar system that had multiple inhabited planets, why were more than half of them pretty much living in the dark ages?

Things started to improve a bit towards the end but by then it was too late. Not even Serenity got a sequel and the fact JW decided to kill off two characters kind of drew a line under the whole thing.

Soldato
Also does anyone else find it feels artificially dark all the time, I understand it's dark, damp and depressing and it's a stylistic choice but any time we watch an episode, I need to raise the brightness on the TV.
I don't think the darkness ever was a problem for me, but yes, there is a certain cold filter applied across everything as the style of the show...

Soldato
Started watching The Lincoln Lawyer. Not as good as I was expecting from the ratings. It seems torn between wanting to be a formulaic/procedural law show such as Suits, and wanting to run with and push an over-arching like Goliath. Only a few episodes in but it's failing at both. It's more light hearted entertainment at the moment. Also has a massive overuse of tilt-shift.

That being said, I'm also watching season 2 of The Flight Attendant. I enjoyed season 1 mostly. I struggled to get into the first two episodes of season 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom