What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
ynE3GqP.jpg

Ok, now I've got your attention with the rather delightful Audrey Fleurot, I'm just starting season 3 of 'Spiral'. It's a French "Wire-a-like" police drama, but if you coped with the subtitles in Gomorrah you'll fit right in. It's not Gomorrah, The Wire or The Shield, but there are elements of all of them. It took me a while to settle into the first series while they were establishing the characters, but I made it through and season two was much more one-more-episodeable... 8/10. Or 14/10 if you're an old, unreconstructed cancellable perv who likes redheads.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0072wlb/episodes/guide

Old, unreconstructed perv who likes redheads?
You promised that you would keep quiet about me.

Man of Honour
Back to The Rookie - season 3 now starting. Somehow I missed episodes 19 and 20 of season 2 as well? not sure how unless they were delayed.

Soldato
Just FYI, in the US The Rookie is up to about Ep10 or so. I really enjoy it. It's pretty simple, but well written and the good guy wins, leaving you with a smile on your face.

Finished Informer last night, definitely I would recommend it, but at the same time I couldn't help feel the ending wasn't all that satisfying. It felt like some things just got brushed aside quite casually.

Is there supposed to be more seasons, or was it (as I thought initially) a one off?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished watching Altered Carbon Season 1 and 2.
I'm finding it hard to recollect a TV series where there is such a disparity in how I would rate individual seasons. Season 1 is really quite excellent, from the script to the acting, which is a 9/10, whereas Season 2 just disappoints on so many levels and I'd struggle to give it a 4/10.

Soldato
Watched the 4th and last ep of Collateral yesterday. Pretty good. Worth a watch. I like it's short and sweet (4 x 1hr eps)

As discussed in the Line of Duty thread, bit of a disappointing final episode of that last night too.

Soldato
Back to The Rookie - season 3 now starting. Somehow I missed episodes 19 and 20 of season 2 as well? not sure how unless they were delayed.

Yeah I'm back in for season 3, enjoyed it so far. Pretty predictable but easy watching. Sure I read somewhere we are going to see more guest appearances from the cast of Firefly.

Soldato
I love the Rookie, so easy going and fun and Nathan Fillion always plays such likeable characters. If you haven’t seen it you should also watch Castle, he’s in that with almost the same personality.

Associate
Alright, Invincible was a great recommendation... I thought it was pretty cool and all as I was watching the first episode, but then right at the end of it they hooked me in hard... so I then ended up bingeing the rest of the show and staying up way too late... 10/10

Back
Top Bottom