What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Really enjoyed Seasons 1-3. Season 4 was the pinnacle for me as John Hannah was brilliant. Season 5 was good fun. 6 struggled and 7 was utterly awful.

Yeah struggled through 7 so was glad that's finished, although quite a sad/emotional ending. But really should have ended at season 5.

Soldato
Dopesick 8/10
Despite all the wokery, this is a really good series about the pharmaceutical industry and the pushing of a particularly addictive drug. Michael Keaton is very good and the story keeps you watching. Highly recommended.

Dopesick was brilliant.

Watched this last weekend. Excellent.

Just watched all 8 episodes of this. Incredible watch, with a fantastic cast, although difficult to watch at times. I've seen so many documentaries on YouTube covering the fallout of this, but it was fascinating seeing other other sides.

The Pharmacist on Netflix is a really good documentary on the issue.

Associate
Watched up to episode 6 on The Wheel of Time. It felt like i was watching LOTR but the whole cast/places was sterile like they only had one pair of costume each for every cast. On the other had, i have to say the scenery looked really nice on it. Overall i find it was ok but it feels like it was missing something (not sure what yet).

Started to watch Hawkeye.

Soldato
Dopesick 8/10
Despite all the wokery, this is a really good series about the pharmaceutical industry and the pushing of a particularly addictive drug. Michael Keaton is very good and the story keeps you watching. Highly recommended.

Watched Ep8 of Dopesick last night and I perhaps have a controversial opinion, based on what everyone else is saying. Well, maybe not as I would say it was very good, Keaton was amazing and it was a really interesting story, told well. I'm not sure how I feel about it jumping about in timelines all the time. I guess it worked, I think maybe I felt like it should be more confusing then it really was perhaps? Then, I didn't like the ending. Now, to an extent this is the problem with something based on real events, you're not deciding how the story goes but...

It's based on a true story, so I was expecting pictures of the real people involved with some text about them or their futures. This is fairly normal for true stories, no? Also, and I get they can't really help with this, it being based on the truth and all, but didn't the Sackler family basically get away with it?

Also, a small point, but their big issue with the graph didn't seem right. Squashing the top (empty space) would make the peaks look higher, not flatter.

Associate
1883 - first two episodes were brilliant. Prequal to Yellowstone

Hawkeye - not feeling it but will preserve with season 1 as I’ve seen 5 episodes.

Dexter: new blood - this is really good

Associate
Finished all three seasons of the Danish thriller "The Killing". We liked each of them, albeit the second very different from the first. Overall very good and exceedingly tense, again relating more to the twenty episode series one than the following two.

The Bridge is also a must-watch if you haven't seen it. (available on iPlayer)

Back
Top Bottom