What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
Archive 81 is cancelled, so no season 2 :(

This is one of the reasons why I find it so hard to get into shows these days. Good shows come along and just repeatedly keep getting cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons. Meanwhile, total dross goes on for season after season after season. It makes it superbly hard to get invested in a show, I've taken now to waiting a few years until a show has several seasons under its belt before I consider watching it.

Man of Honour
I can kind of understand in some ways why it was cancelled - while it ended with an interesting twist it had kind of shot its load and would need a level of writing higher than was on display in season 1 to separate it from the 100 other shows covering the same kind of ground as the scenario where it ended up. I'd have still watched a season 2 though but unless they had something really special can't see it would have likely held my attention for another full season.

Soldato
Well, I wish I had been watching this year's train wreck of an Oscar ceremony. Will Smith winning the best actor gong having earlier strode on stage to smack Chris Rock (for making a joke about Jada) was the highlight.

Associate
- Season 1 of Swat. It's a perfect switch brain off show for when we have dinner.
- Season 4 of Riverdale. The Luke Perry tribute was a nice touch, but hoping to get back to insanity soon enough (although it being Riverdale and basically a Luke Perry tribute episode, it still managed to fit in some insanity early on lol).

Associate
Finished Upload season 2. It was ok but not as good as the first one, i feel that the 3rd season maybe the last one as it looks like their maybe not much left in the plot.

Currently half-way through watching Top Boy.

Soldato
Trying a rewatch of Battlestar Galactica (new version, not the original). It's okay but not really aged that well. Just over halfway through Season 2 and some of the episodes are so plodding and drawn out found myself nodding off. The special effects remind me of a Wing Commander game (and I mean the original WC1 and WC2), in fact I'm even humming the WC theme every time we get the Blu-rays out.

Whining Gaius Baltar and his invisible friend (No. 6) are so irritating and is such a pantomime that none of the other crew or personnel pick up earlier than they did on his complicity.

Drunken Tigh and rebellious Starbuck don't gell with a tight knit military operation.

It's just so dull and hard to understand why we raved so much about it at the time. Well I suppose it was better than Farscape...

Guess shows like The Expanse, at least S1 -3 have kicked a lot of the old space operas into touch.

Associate
Squid game - Late to the party. Just started and guessing its like the Running Man or Battle Royale?

Only watched the first episode and its drawn me in!

Having watched a few Korean horror/thrillers, I have an expectation of what's coming; but not sure if it will go the giblets route!

Soldato
More out of desperation than anything else but also because it is has an IMDB rating of 9.6 I watched 15 minutes of The Chosen. Maybe I needed to watch it for longer but it was slow going.
Back to the drawing board, The Wheel of Time. Now, this is more my kind of thing, 2 episodes down and looking forward to watching more.

Back
Top Bottom