What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I'm back on Succession, a handful of episodes into S2, it's such compelling and addictive TV.

My wife and I normally rotate 2/3 shows, 2 series, 1 comedy and watch an episode a night (having a 4 year old makes it harder to watch more than this) - we started Ozark S2 early this week, then Succession S2 the next night, neither of us have wanted to watch anything but Succession all week since we started.

Soldato
Finally wrapped up BSG (2004) last night with the finale of Season 4(B).
Overall it was very good though TBH first time I've watched the show paying full attention, previously wife had it on and I was watching from the background.
It flags a bit during Season 2 and even the final episodes of Season 4 had a bit of padding and could have done with tightening up a bit.
The ending was a bit ambiguous and really only explained if you buy into the religious overtones that were a theme throughout.
Apart from the fact Galactica itself had broken its back, it seemed a bit short sighted to send the entire fleet into the sun to dispense with reliance on technology, especially as the Raptors and Vipers were on the planet and being used to transport people around, at least until they ran out of fuel. No real thought given to how people were going to survive with little more than the shirts on their backs. Where were the tools to build shelter coming from, or seed to grow crops. Rather than jumping forward 150k years to our present day, there should have been a follow up series or maybe one off special to show how the colonists were doing 5 years on.

Anyway gone back on the shelf now, but definitely back out again next year in the TV series rotation.

I spent the weekend catching up on documentaries on the BBCiplayer.

Tim Westwood: Abuse of Power
Panorama's, The Post Office Scandal.
Dinosaurs, The Final Day with David Attenborough.
High: Confessions of an Ibiza Drug Mule
Accused: A Mother on Trial
Murder in the Badlands (all 4 episodes)
Bad Love: Why did Fri Kill Kyle
Hunting the Essex Lorry Killers
The Prosecutors, The Babes in the Wood Murders

All of high quality content as you would expect from the BBC. Some, definitely much more depressing than others.

Consigliere
Gordon Ramsey's Future Stars:
Kinda like The Apprentice but food-y. Few cringe moments by the contestants...chill easy viewing. 6/10.

Ten Percent:
New on Prime...apparently there is a French version which is the origional? And way better. Follows the life of a talent agency. Quite amusing and dry comedy. 6.5/10.

Soldato
I spent the weekend catching up on documentaries on the BBCiplayer.

Tim Westwood: Abuse of Power
Panorama's, The Post Office Scandal.
Dinosaurs, The Final Day with David Attenborough.
High: Confessions of an Ibiza Drug Mule
Accused: A Mother on Trial
Murder in the Badlands (all 4 episodes)
Bad Love: Why did Fri Kill Kyle
Hunting the Essex Lorry Killers
The Prosecutors, The Babes in the Wood Murders

All of high quality content as you would expect from the BBC. Some, definitely much more depressing than others.
Is the dinosaur one worth watching with kids under 10?

Soldato
Started Moon Knight yesterday. Seems quite good, will keep it going.

I also have Super Pumped but not sure that will tickle folks boxes on here. It is a docuseries about businesses.

Watching Peaky Blinders for the first time on iPlayer - I can't stop watching it, I've done 12 episodes in three nights, incredibly good series :)
I'm glad that you are enjoying it! I am looking forward to watching it as I've never seen it either and I've heard nothing but good things a about it.

The Last Mountain which is about the tragedy of the 30 year old climber, Tom Ballard, who disappeared on the mountain, Nanga Parbat, in 2019.

His mother, Alison Hargreaves, also died on K2 in 1995. She was the first woman to climb Mount Everest alone and without oxygen.

An incredibly moving, documentary film. Highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom