What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Yeah PB is excellent. Watched them all last year, not seen the latest season yet.

Yellowstone is another excellent one, similar that it's a family run business etc. Though this is in Montana and a ranch.
I finished Peaky Blinders last night and loved every single minute of it - It was a nice change to see a quality TV show go out on a high and I think the final episode is one of the best hours of television I have ever seen.

Soldato
I finished Peaky Blinders last night and loved every single minute of it - It was a nice change to see a quality TV show go out on a high and I think the final episode is one of the best hours of television I have ever seen.
I sort of lost my love of Peaky around the end of S3, start of S4, too many contrived plot devices and reductive 'ha, we were in on it all along' moments.

I think however this was more apparent as i'd watched the entirety week by week and when you have those 7 days or so to think on it, the weaknesses of a show become more apparent. This in a way is a blessing for binge TV culture, you move onto next episodes so quickly, you don't really notice what's wrong with a lot of episodes.

I do still rate the show highly and I like it a lot, the first 3 are some of my favourite TV, the last few seasons have been a bit of a chore to get through and the twists are signposted a mile off. I'm still to finish the final season, watched the first episode and it didn't grab me at all - it's almost a parody of itself at this point.

One thing that needs to be mentioned in praise of Peaky Blinders is the music and cinematography - very few shows ooze this amount of style, again though, sadly the last few seasons are more style and little substance.

Soldato
I don't think I've seen anyone mention 5 bedrooms?

It's Australian and about 5 people who move into a shared house.

It really isn't the type of thing that I would normally watch but it is strangely addictive and heart warming.

It brings up lots of current topics and although serious and sad at times, it still is gently sweet and funny.

Just really well written.

I think a lot of your female other halves will really love it and I think a lot of you men, will appreciate it too.
Haha thanks for this. I saw it and thought nah until this post. Really strangly enjoying it now will soon be down to only being able to watch one a day though. Ive got to admit I do like australian productions. Just watched the paella eps the other day. I could not stop laughing.

Soldato
I'm loving cop shows at the moment (Bosch, We Own This City, The Rookie) so I also started on SouthLAnd. Into S2 now and it's pretty good.
This is funny, I was half way through your post, saw Bosch and WOTC and thought, i'm going to recommend Southland for you.

I think it's brilliant and criminally unknown about - it has moments and episodes that are as least as good as The Shield or The Wire.

Haha thanks for this. I saw it and thought nah until this post. Really strangly enjoying it now will soon be down to only being able to watch one a day though. Ive got to admit I do like australian productions. Just watched the paella eps the other day. I could not stop laughing.
It is curiously good isn't it?! Lol!

There is apparently a 3rd season but it's not on the BBC iplayer yet.

I started The Terror, Infamy which is by Ridley Scott and I really wasn't sure about it at first. I thought of giving it up after the 2nd episode but I'm really glad that I stuck with it and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it now.

It is a slow burner but the creepy, horror parts are excellently done.

Soldato
Does anyone have some recommendations on TV shows to watch ?
Anything that you would really recommend any genre and age is fine.

I'm looking for a crime show at the moment, i'm watching BULL at the moment, its passable but nothing special, I was also watching the black list but the latest season was a little boring IMO

I've never seen Hawaii five.0, The Mentalist, Castle, the rookie (1 or 2 eps ) Im also thinking of watching some true crime dramas like White House Farm, DES 2020, appropriate adult.

I'm really looking for something that pre episode based I don't need to watch it all to get a answer ( I end up watching too many when I should not )

Soldato
Does anyone have some recommendations on TV shows to watch ?
Anything that you would really recommend any genre and age is fine.

I'm looking for a crime show at the moment, i'm watching BULL at the moment, its passable but nothing special, I was also watching the black list but the latest season was a little boring IMO

I've never seen Hawaii five.0, The Mentalist, Castle, the rookie (1 or 2 eps ) Im also thinking of watching some true crime dramas like White House Farm, DES 2020, appropriate adult.

I'm really looking for something that pre episode based I don't need to watch it all to get a answer ( I end up watching too many when I should not )
Yellowstone!

Watch the trailer see what you think.

Soldato
Yellowstone is okay... it's not a crime show though? I would recommend Bosch, maybe Justified. If you like slow burners The Wire is great. We Own This City is a new one I'm enjoying that would match too.

Soldato
I'm looking for a crime show at the moment,

If you're not averse to subtitles, you'd be remiss not to watch Gomorrah, it'd be a top 10 shows ever of mine and simply put, one of the best crime shows i've ever seen.

No happy endings, no neatly tied up episodes with the 'good' guys winning, just brutal realities to living a life of crime. Outside of the story, the soundtrack by mokadelic is superb and it has some fantastic cinematography.

Back
Top Bottom