What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Gorilla tag. Kids aside, in a private lobby this thing would be a ton of fun. Extremely casual, satisfying movement (especially when you do something fun), and no pressures. Even with the kids, you can mute them, and just enjoy bouncing around the world, trying to climb the trees etc.

Soldato
OK, I love gorilla tag. I've hurt my hands, bent fingers, hit the walls and light more than I've hit them in any other game (including asgards wrath for however many hours I've played it). my shoulders ache, and I just want to keep playing.

Extremely light hearted, lots of fun. Some people are ridiculously good at the game, but even they seem mostly happy to keep it all light hearted. Think I've only had 1 lobby (first one) that was not worth sticking around in. Well worth the quick download from sidequest. Anyone who grabs it, let us know and we'll see about setting up a private room.

Soldato
Has anyone got Star Trek Bridge Crew and encountered issues on the Quest 2?

I launch the game on the headset, it then says I need to connect to my ubisoft account, then says the game api isnt recognised?

I had bridge crew on the desktop when I had an original rift and then bought the next gen pack on the quest. Installed it and I get this ?

Soldato
Video of warplanes looks good. What platforms is it on?

My arms are absolutely killing me this morning, still played more gorilla tag though. Satisfying to slowly get better, but I'm a long way from the ease that some can traverse. Get the feeling that the tracking on the quest 2 makes it a bit trickier without adaptation, and a full lighthouse setup would make it a bit easier. That's not to say that it doesn't work, it still works fantastically.

Soldato
OK, got to plug it again. Gorilla tag is just awesome. Had a few fantastic lobbies. Apparently there's a new map coming soon too (next few days I think). You can be as chilled or as serious as you like. When I can't reach the last couple of monkeys I just go down the slide.

Heard so many people smashing so many things over the comms, but just now was the creme de la creme. The last uninfected money is running away from a load of infected, and suddenly we hear a massive crash, a cry of pain, and nothing. The gorilla was on the ramp, head twisted, arms bent backwards, and no more words... we crowded around (giving him space, he'd just had an accident). Unfortunately, he'd clearly passed, and disappeared after a minute or two of us trying to diagnose him :D.

Soldato
Currently not really doing much actual gaming in VR. Trying to get the MVH Studios headmount just right is taking up all my spare time.

koh

koh

Associate
Anyone help me improve Fallout 4 as get terrible shimmering on buildings in Sanctuary etc. Someone on Steam mentioned to copy over HD texture pack so downloading - it's 55gb! Others mention the HD pack is big performance hit.

Associate
Payday 2 with the VR improvements mod, probably the best VR shooter I've played. While interacting with the guns/world isn't as good as a dedicated VR game, it's years worth of DLC make up for it. You can shoot policemen and paramilitary in just about any location you can think of, great selection of guns and accessories too.

Assetto Corsa although it runs terribly, need to play with the settings...

Associate
Payday 2 with the VR improvements mod, probably the best VR shooter I've played. While interacting with the guns/world isn't as good as a dedicated VR game, it's years worth of DLC make up for it. You can shoot policemen and paramilitary in just about any location you can think of, great selection of guns and accessories too.

Assetto Corsa although it runs terribly, need to play with the settings...

I've found then sweet spot on PC2 and it's all I've been playing in VR recently...so immersive

Soldato
Anyone help me improve Fallout 4 as get terrible shimmering on buildings in Sanctuary etc. Someone on Steam mentioned to copy over HD texture pack so downloading - it's 55gb! Others mention the HD pack is big performance hit.

Install the Wabbajack Fallout 4 VR essentials pack. Fixes a whole lot of issues.

Permabanned
VR is dead.
The games are far below standard. There are early access games (demo) buggy and unpolished, charging £30. Even the big titles are seriously overrated and hyped and charging big money.

Sure, there are a tiny fewer good ones like, Project Cars, Asseto corsa, Robo recall, Medal of honor, Half Life Alex, Arisona Sunshine and Rogue Squadron.

But the **** games are too many!Hundreds of **** games and experiences.

Oculus/Facebook is also now concerned with selling all its members accounts for cash and linking then to Facebook, plus removing Marvel Powers from the oculus store, even when you pay for a game you don't own it! You're technically loaning it from Facebook.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom