What VR games are you playing?

Associate
Hi,

Since the recent cuts. I have noticed the vr discussion pick up in various places and thought i'd come here and see what other vr gamers are playing.

Table tennis VR has been my number 1 played. Great for social, chilling hitting balls with a friend.
Just finished killing floor co op. WOW. Unfortunately its short, although new free content has been announced. But what is there, it keeps giving me wow moments i've never had in the 2d world.

I'll stop there for now, otherwise i'll be writing a novel!

Soldato
Doom VR at nights. I find it pretty scary actually, the scale of the demons is really striking.
Project cars (just practising for project cars 2)
Robo recall, amazing VR game.

I'm having a hard time playing any non VR games. It's just not the same after delving into VR.

Associate
OP
I've heard about the doom vr. Worth a shot? I've been on the fence as its a mod and i'm not sure if it feels like a real vr game or a gimmicky mod like vorpx.

Soldato
Bought mine with the intention of playing Elite on it, have been spending way more time playing Robo Recall though, have tried a few games of Dragon Front but I suck so badly at it lmao :D

Associate
Had my Rift a few weeks now, it's been permanently strapped to my face since..!
Robo Recall is the game to show off
Toybox, my son loves it
Just started luckys tale
Bigscreen for films
And my personal favourite, Bullets and More VR, BAM.

I downloaded the demo of BAM on steam and I absolutely loved it, it was an instant purchase, Made me a bit dizzy at first though, there's hardly any players for some bizarre reason, but I'm having a great time playing against bots it doesn't even bother me, there's so much content to it
shooting range, breaching, offline multiplayer, online multiplayer, timed attack shooting, level editor, community made maps, different game modes, humvees, helicopters, and plenty of guns and attachments

The weapons sound and feel great and the reloading is very VERY satisfying!
Baffles me this isn't more popular.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had my Rift a few weeks now, it's been permanently strapped to my face since..!
Robo Recall is the game to show off
Toybox, my son loves it
Just started luckys tale
Bigscreen for films
And my personal favourite, Bullets and More VR, BAM.

I downloaded the demo of BAM on steam and I absolutely loved it, it was an instant purchase, Made me a bit dizzy at first though, there's hardly any players for some bizarre reason, but I'm having a great time playing against bots do it doesn't even bother me, there's so much content to it
shooting range, breaching, offline multiplayer, online multiplayer, timed attack shooting, level editor, community made maps, different game modes, humvees, helicopters, and plenty of guns and attachments

The weapons sound and feel great and the reloading is very VERY satisfying!
Baffles me this isn't more popular.

How are films on it?

Associate
Yeah really good, the resolution of the Rift let's it down a tiny bit. But don't let that put you off, it's an incredible experience, you can watch it on a cinema in the virtual room, or create your own and customise the size, depth or curve. There's lots of different virtual rooms to sit in, and a very clear UI in the form of a tablet that you can move around. Best of all is it's 'multiplayer' you can join or create rooms to watch other people's content. My friend has a the Netflix app on his computer and I have NOWTV, we create i private room and watch the odd film or football match together! It's really a great experience, it's free so in my opinion it's a must. You can even play games through it and have virtual LAN parties, yesterday I played BF4 on a 200"(guessed on size) screen, performance took a hit on the game but it's was certainly playable! Non graphic intensive games should be perfect on it

Soldato
Yeah really good, the resolution of the Rift let's it down a tiny bit. But don't let that put you off, it's an incredible experience, you can watch it on a cinema in the virtual room, or create your own and customise the size, depth or curve. There's lots of different virtual rooms to sit in, and a very clear UI in the form of a tablet that you can move around. Best of all is it's 'multiplayer' you can join or create rooms to watch other people's content. My friend has a the Netflix app on his computer and I have NOWTV, we create i private room and watch the odd film or football match together! It's really a great experience, it's free so in my opinion it's a must. You can even play games through it and have virtual LAN parties, yesterday I played BF4 on a 200"(guessed on size) screen, performance took a hit on the game but it's was certainly playable! Non graphic intensive games should be perfect on it
That sounds amazing tbh.

I had no idea that this sort of thing was even a feature..

Soldato
Robo recall is my favourite. Also enjoy a bit of audioshield (rhythm game). Rec Room quests are always good craic (love jumbotron) and Echo Arena is a bit like rocket league in the sense that you are crap at it to begin with but it has a long skill curve. I also like ripcoil, but it takes ages to get a game these days.

Looking forwards to pcars2 and mechwarrior 5 (need to prepare an iron stomach for racing games though. I failed the test on dirt rally and had to lie down after a couple of minutes).

Going to get back into elite when 2.4 launches. Need to fight some aliens!

Back
Top Bottom