What VR games are you playing?

Associate
OP
Dead and buried, love the 2v2 pvp shootouts!!!

However, this is the game that made me realise that i am getting older. Competitive pvp is a workout. My younger nephew is bouncing around the place for hours. Diving behind tables, boxes etc on his knees. So hard to hit him. I try and i'm done in. Knees gone, feeling the back :D

Seriously, the gamers of tomorrow are gonna be freaky fit.

Soldato
This motion sickness. Are you only experiencing it on certain tracks?

I've been fine so far. Apart of me wants to feel sick lol
Nah you don't want it! I get it pretty easily. Not as badly as at the start, but pretty much any game with free rotation will do me in eventually.

Racing games are the worst for me, but I'm going to give AC a go and see if it's not quite so harsh as boxing around on rally stages

Associate
OP
Lone echo is probably the most polished title i have played so far. Great game mechanics. Intuitive. Plus they have nailed the movement for your stomach. I havent made anyone green with this one, but mission iss gaurantees that a few vr newbies will feel unwell.

Soldato
I had to give VR a rest over summer months as my room was just far too hot even with fan on, made wearing the headset very uncomfortable especially playing active games like the climb, now that its getting cooler i'll be looking to get back into it, checked out the trailer for that Lone echo suggested above and it looks brilliant, might have to purchase it.
I'm still disappointed by lack of VR implementation in Dirt 4 and a few other recent releases, but i guess it still is a relatively small audience for a lot of time money and effort to implement.
Looking forward to PCars2 though.

Associate
I was streaming it so might actually link the moment I panicked. Guy came round on me just as I was racking the slide so it would have made the difference
I'm also playing a lot of Bullets and More, sadly there's not much of a player base, no idea why, the game is absolutely brilliant. So much content.

I also own Pavlov but I have yet to play it

Associate
Great, i'll give onward a look tomorrow. Got a feeling i'll like BAM more. Going to pick up Mage's tale, then i'll look into BAM :)
Mage's tale? Not seen that I'll take a look
Any of you tried Duck Season. Just finished watching a trailer and it looks pretty good!
it does look good! A bizzare take on the NES classic 'Duck Hunt'

Soldato
Yeah looks it.

Funny you mention Nintendo. I'm really surprised they havent jumped on the VR band-wagon. It makes so much sense for them to go down this route!

Associate
OP
Mage's tale? Not seen that I'll take a look

it does look good! A bizzare take on the NES classic 'Duck Hunt'

Mage's tale isn't like Onward, Pavlov, Bam etc. It's a wizards dungeon RPG. I fancied it for a while, but was on the fence with it being £30. Will be back with impressions once i've played it more.

Associate
Yeah looks it.

Funny you mention Nintendo. I'm really surprised they havent jumped on the VR band-wagon. It makes so much sense for them to go down this route!
I read a quote on roadtovr.com i think it was, that there monitoring the situation. But VR and Nintendo do seem the perfect fit. Luckys tale even felt like a Mario game!

Associate
Mage's tale isn't like Onward, Pavlov, Bam etc. It's a wizards dungeon RPG. I fancied it for a while, but was on the fence with it being £30. Will be back with impressions once i've played it more.
Not really my scene, magic wizards fantasy etc, but playing games in VR has broadened my gaming horizons, I'm playing and enjoying a variety of different genres, so I'll definitely take a look at it and I'll look forward to reading your thoughts. My next purchases will likely be SuperHot VR and Lone Echo, I only have an r9-290 and I barely meet the Oculus Rift recommended requirements, but it's played everything with ease so far that I have tried, but I have a feeling Lone Echo will be a step to far for my aging power hungry room heater of a GPU!

Back
Top Bottom