What was the most outrageous thing you did at School ?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I set up a little empire creating fake “Validate UK” ID cards. They were like the first photo ID that shops would accept as valid ID so there was huge demand.

Looking back it was comical... I used to use MS Paint to edit the DOB, then use a craft knife to cut out someone’s photo / sometimes I’d need to use the flatbed scanned before printing them on the family inkjet printer and laminate the cards in a A4 laminator :D

Used to sell them for £5 each which was awesome for 1998!

Soldato
I set up a little empire creating fake “Validate UK” ID cards. They were like the first photo ID that shops would accept as valid ID so there was huge demand.

Looking back it was comical... I used to use MS Paint to edit the DOB, then use a craft knife to cut out someone’s photo / sometimes I’d need to use the flatbed scanned before printing them on the family inkjet printer and laminate the cards in a A4 laminator :D

Used to sell them for £5 each which was awesome for 1998!

My ‘friend’ made me a fake ID

He used the name Mike Hunt :(

Caporegime

Haha. That brings back memories - we used the school photocopier to photocopy our passports then using scissors and pritt stick to change the date/digits we'd photocopy the photocopy.

It worked! A simple faked photocopy of a passport was absolutely fine with every bouncer/barman in town (as obviously you'd not want to bring your real passport out drinking with you).

The amusing bit though was that one of the bouncers from the pub we went to regularly also worked in the local supermarket and saw us in there a few times in school uniform after school.

Soldato
Managed to install doom on some of the computers. IT teacher caught us and took the I'm not even mad that's amazing approach and left us to it for lunch breaks. Fun stopped when the asstiant head caught us in the it lab at lunch

We did the same, ended up playing Quake and GTA1 on the school network. He wasn't bothered until he worked out we were playing 18 rated games then banned it. :(

Throughout college I had a nice little piracy racket on the go. I'd buy CDs and DVDs from Our Price, rip them and return them for a refund, then sell the CDs to people. Converting DVDs took me ages on my parents PC!

I had a friend (I use that term very loosely) that ended up obtaining a massive great bowie knife from somewhere that he brought into school. He'd often turn up with some sort of BB gun too and was always getting suspended. He's probably in prison now..

Permabanned
Actually come to think about it.... when tapes first become popular I used to sell them as I was one of the first lads with a double tapedeck where I could record off the radio. Stop. Record, Stop, Record. Tapes where 50p and I used to sell them pre-recorded for £2.00 each. Once I made a master copy I then could record them tape > tape without touching it!

Soldato
Actually come to think about it.... when tapes first become popular I used to sell them as I was one of the first lads with a double tapedeck where I could record off the radio. Stop. Record, Stop, Record. Tapes where 50p and I used to sell them pre-recorded for £2.00 each. Once I made a master copy I then could record them tape > tape without touching it!

I used to do that when I had my C64 and an Amstrad double tape player and copy tape to tape games and flog them in the playground, it was a good scratch always used Maxwell tapes they where the best.

Thinking about it that's how I purchased most of my games through pirating they where £10 a pop in the 1980s. Only ones I could not was them stupid read line 10 on page 12 and give the second word. They did get hacked in the end but in the early days it was a no go for the playground graft.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Managed to install doom on some of the computers. IT teacher caught us and took the I'm not even mad that's amazing approach and left us to it for lunch breaks. Fun stopped when the asstiant head caught us in the it lab at lunch

The thing is stuff like that was probably teaching kids more about computers than actual lessons; 25 years ago getting games to run could be a bit of a dark art with all that hacking around to free up memory, CONFIG.SYS, bare-booting whatever, plus presumably some shenanigans to get round whatever rudimentary controls were present on the school PCs. Basically you had to learn how to solve problems which is a fairly important part of IT and more value than the generic 'oh goody I can insert a page break in a word processor' which anyone could pick up later if they needed to.

Associate
Aye, my first steps in 'learning about computers' were typing a rudimentary block art program from a Commodore Pet or something printed in a magazine into an Exidy Sorcerer (what we had at school) and wondering 'why doesn't it work? it's a computer isn't it?'. So I went about modifying it bit by bit until it did work. Bug bitten. Rest is history etc.

Soldato
Sabotaging the network was in during my later school years. I'd hate to have been the IT guy working there. I think we worst we did was locking the teacher in a large storage cupboard.

In many modern schools (ecl. ones in staby areas), the worst you'll see is probably bad mouthing the P.C policies :p

Commissario
I used to photocopy Pokemon cards as I was one of the few to have a colour copier, I'd then laminate them and sell them for varying prices depending on rarity. I don't know why people were dumb enough to buy a photocopied Charizard for £5 when it clearly wasn't shiny, but it was a good bank builder!

Just remembered another one, me and a friend found it funny to cut all of the seatbelts on the bus - what a stupid thing to do that was. We eventually got caught, I denied any blame as I never got caught with scissors in hand, but my friend was banned from the bus for a couple of weeks.

Man of Honour
I went to a school 7 miles away which meant catching two buses to get there and back.
I never did anything bad, never skived and the only time I had off was when I had my appendix out.
Even though I sound like a goody two shoes I can't remember a day when I wasn't caned, rulered, slippered or leathered for talking (sometimes it was me).

Associate
One of our language teachers would ride a moped into school, which he'd secure with just a chain around the front wheel. Coming up to the end of term, a few of us picked it up and hid it on the school grounds. I believe it was found before it could be reported as stolen.

In 6th form, a few of us used to go to the pub across the road during the lunch break. After a few weeks of this, one of the other kids came rushing in shouting that the head of year was coming. A bunch of my mates went running out of the door to see the teacher standing there with a camera. All those caught on film were punished. I escaped because I'd decided there were too many people trying to get out the doors so went to hide in the bathroom instead

Soldato
One of my mates had the Casio watch with the TV remote built in. We would take turns wearing it in French and making the channel change. One minute it would be the french video we would be watching and the next Playdays or Going for Gold would be on the TV (early 90s). This went on for some time the French teacher never realising what was causing it.

Then one week we were due to watch a video in History which was a rare treat, the watch came out and luckily I wasn't wearing it. The history video started and about 3 minutes in the TV switched off. History teacher put the TV back on and 3 minutes later the channel started changing to static. "RIGHT! WHO HAS THE REMOTE CONTROL?" the teacher shouted accusingly, he was far more savvy than the French teacher and we had made a complete underestimation. "PUT YOUR HANDS OUT ON THE DESK". He paced around pulling up sleeves and located the watch with ease. It was promptly confiscated till the end of the year. The lad who had it on was not the owner, he got detention but took the whole wrap and never dobbed anyone else in.

A brand new tin containing a roll of magnesium was opened for an experiment in Science, when the teacher went out of the room near the end of the lesson it got pocketed. There was a couple of meters on the roll and we had great fun lighting strips of it and getting up to all sorts of mayhem.

Tidying up after a physics lesson the teacher counted the mercury filled glass thermometers back in and realised there was one missing. It was the lesson before lunch and the teacher said "Right you better start looking for this thermometer because nobody is going to lunch till it is found". So we start checking high and low taking all the beakers and apparatus we had been using back out of the cupboards. After 10 minutes it hadn't been found but the teacher wasn't relenting. I was thinking one of the lads must have tried to pocket it. After another 15 minutes it still hadn't turned up and everyone is angry they are missing lunch. At that point I put my hand in my pocket and felt a thermometer! I must have just put it there in between doing parts of the experiment and writing up. I had no idea I had it and wondered if I should try and pretend to find it on the floor or something. But with 25 other people all searching I would need incredible slight of hand and a location that could be explained how it wasn't already found. So I just kept quiet and eventually the teacher let us go with 10 minutes of lunch left. I never told another soul.

We had a drama room with a a raised stage area at the back which you could crawl under. One week we went under it before the Drama teacher arrived and just stayed there for the whole lesson. The next week more people did it and we were inevitably rumbled and all got detention.

We made one of our French teachers cry by making noises every time she turned her back. "Mrrrrp", "Brrrreeee!", "Bllooop" just totally random and loads of us would take turns coming up with ever increasingly strange and annoying noises. She just lost it cried and said we were horrible, I felt pretty guilty even at the time seeing a grown woman sob. Feel absolutely terrible about it now. My wife is a teacher, kids are so cruel.

Can't really think of much else that interesting really.

Last edited:
Associate
Not proud of any of these things, more embarrassed- but a few from the top of my head

Pushed a kid down 2 flights of stairs
Cut the cables to all keyboards/mice in the IT Room
Group fights on the fields/in the toilets. Some kids got their heads shoved in used toilets
Made a teacher quit by constantly making fun of her hairpiece/wig

Associate
Not really outrageous from my part:
Used to get bullied at school.. I snapped twice. Broke a guys nose after science class was finished. Older girl was bullying me: pushing, trying to trip me up, mocking etc. Snapped again... She tried to grab me in the privates I hit her a couple of times she still wouldn't let go lol she thought she was grabbing my privates. Got pulled up by teachers. Her relatives were called to the school.. they were mad but the teachers and other students were on my side due to her and her 'crew' were known bad apples and i acted in self defense.

The guy whose nose I broke, used to get the **** taken out of him a lot and made to look a fool in front of the class by a teacher. He seemed to have it in for him big time. One day he had enough and said he was going to get revenge on said teacher. so the next day he brought in chili seeds and smeared them on the door handle, the teachers table, teacup and briefcase... he new the teachers routine by heart. The teacher always used to drink his tea and fiddle with his briefcase and rub his eyes. Lets just say the guy got his revenge as the teacher ran out of the class to the nearest toilet. We were in stitches for weeks to come...

Back
Top Bottom