what was the very first game you played?

Soldato
Some classic PC games getting a nod here. In my view Transport Tycoon and Baldur's are still two of the greatest games available in their genre.

Soldato
The first video game I ever got to play was Sonic 1 for the Sega Megadrive, this was around a friend's house. The first game I ever owned, however, was Kangaroo for the Atari 2600. :rolleyes:

Luckily as a small child, my nagging powers were enough to secure me a Sega Megadrive mk I system which I loved.

Soldato
I'm sure the first PC game most people played was Solitaire (or Minesweeper)...:D

That aside, I'm pretty much certain the first PC game I played was Wing Commander 3 (main reason I upgraded from Amiga to PC at the time). It struggled to run on my first machine - which was a rented (!) DX50 from Radio Rentals - even after paying £150 for an extra 4Mb RAM stick...

Associate
The first game I played was on a DOS pc, and you were basically a gorilla, and you had to throw a banana at another gorilla by specifying the angle and velocity. And it made things interesting by having different types of scenery and wind and stuff. I think you can guess by this point that I can't remember the name :) Awesome game though.

I definately remember playing this - also can't remember the name though it would have been either on my spectrum or amiga. First pc game for me was Doom :D

Associate
First PC Games were Dune II and Ultima Underworld. I bought them before I bought my first PC, I think i bought about 6 games in total before I actualy got my PC.

First owned computer game would have been something like Planet of Death and Inca curse on the Speccy, great text adventures. Then there was Mad Martha ;) great fun.

Back
Top Bottom