What was your first experience on a bike

Soldato
Cant seem to find a similar thread in the search...

Mine was back in I think 1996 (I was 13)... I loved anything with two wheels, I wanted nothing more in life than to ride a motorbike.

Then, while out on my push bike I saw a guy from school riding around on his step dad's KE 100. So I stopped and spoke to them and managed to blag a "backie" from my mate..... To this day, I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it, I honestly think it was better than the first time I had sex (and it lasted longer).... So I jumped on the back of the bike, we were "flying" across the school field with mud flicking up, the smell of two stroke hitting me, the bounce of the suspension with 2 of us on and of course the sound of the engine as he dragged out the gear changes.

From that moment I knew we would be BEST friends.... Even if he didn't want to haha. So I made every effort to befriend him... Which I managed to and turned out still to be best friends to this this day.

Then after months and month of patients and complete arse licking.... His step dad finally said, "would you like a go".... I literally could have burst with excitement, honestly, I'm pretty sure I wet myself.

So I jumped on, I can still remember seeing the green neutral rectangular box and the light shudder of the throttle, the seat was like an arm chair I'd be waiting to sit in all my life... So I pull the clutch in, Shifted down and slowly let go of the clutch... I was doing it, I was off, all the work had paid off.... I slowly gained speed with his step dad running at the side of. I was confident, I changed up and boom off I went... right the way down the field and back. In my excitement I didn't hear what his step dad had said, "go forward and stop"... Thankfully he was a sound guy and laughed... My mate didn't look best pleased as naturally I was taking his turn and the slow realisation of my what my intentions had been.

Anyways, since then we both bought cheap bikes... He had an KL250 and I bought a tsx125 with bored out piston... thing was lightening! I bought eventually a RM250, but barely rode it....

HOWEVER.................. Next month I do my Mod2 and then my first and very own legal motorbike an MT07. Words fail to express my complete excitement!

HELLO new lifestyle!

Man of Honour
I used to do motocross when I was 13 up until I was 16.

I was never interested in getting a road bike in the UK and only got my licence once I knew I was leaving for curvier roads :p

Associate
1983 Suzuki TS50ER
Got it for my 16th Birthday.

That was the first bike I ever rode on the road day I turned 16 in 1986.

Had been riding off road, (not motocross or anything), for years as my dad collected classic British bikes so I was always riding them at shows etc.

Had been riding as a pillion for years growing up.

I think, (it was a very long time ago), the very first bike I rode solo was a BSA D1 Bantam

Caporegime
Another TS50 here! Owned by my then good friend Arthur, will never forget it. He taught me how to change gears and everything. This was someone who couldn't even afford to go to the shops to buy some sweets and one day his pride & joy was stolen. That broke him sadly :(

Soldato
I think I was 6 or 7. My uncle came down from Yorkshire on an imported american police bike. It was parked up in the garage and I loved sitting on it and the smell of it that filled the garage. As soon as he noticed how much I like the bike he slung a space helmet on me and took me up the road on it. I've always remembered it and was my first taste of bike life. I'm the one on the back

FB_IMG_1489155542908.jpg

Associate
Must have been all of about 8 years old, if that. Lived down a private road on a farm that was a dead end and served about 5 houses. Neighbours had a small motorbike that I'd ride up the down the road occasionally or in one of the fields.

No idea what the bike would have been, something small enough for an 8 year old I guess.

Soldato
Pillion on the back of my uncles bike in my early 20's, holding on for dear life!!! I didn't particularly like it! :D

Not sure I'd like to be pillion now either TBH, no control!

Soldato
My dad bought me a Revara 50cc off-road bike when I was maybe 8-9 years old. Then I was upgraded to a Suzuki B100P field bike and the Revara went to my brother.

Soldato
My older brother was into bikes also barry sheene lived local so many people was into bikes in my area not sure if it was because of him ... the first bike I had with gears not including 2 twist and goes was a b120 Suzuki 39 years ago used off road thought I was the dogs ********.

On a side note is anyone else having slow down on the forum since the update.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it was this... my CBT back 1991 -

I have a vague memory of being given a ride at a fair when i was tiny and i burnt my leg on the engine. I want a fan back then.

Even when i got my CBT it was only because i lived in a little village and i wanted a way to get into town.

Soldato
First bike I had when is was 16 was a FS1E, a copper coloured one, my brother sold me it. It used to go backwards is you bumped it off backwards. I only had it a week and it blew the crank.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Getting a lift to school on the back of my brothers bike back in 76 cos ide missed the bus, scared the bejeezus out of me, 4 years later I got my first bike, 37 years later & I'm still going strong!.

Caporegime
I think it was this... my CBT back 1991 -

I have a vague memory of being given a ride at a fair when i was tiny and i burnt my leg on the engine. I want a fan back then.

Even when i got my CBT it was only because i lived in a little village and i wanted a way to get into town.

That was fantastic to watch, holy hell the restrictors on that TS! Great vid, thanks for sharing!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
First twist of the throttle 4-5 with my uncle behind me, I was pretty much sitting on the tank. :)

KTM Duke was my first bike, bought it in secret from my mum, me and my dad said we're going shopping. We didn't say what type of shopping though, she told me to sell it and buy a car for 6 months... still does from time to time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom