What was your first product you purchased from overclockers?

A Juno P6 tower case (quite flimsy, semi transparent blue plastic plastic over thin metal), an Athlon Slot A 700@850, huge heatsink and an Abit KA7 motherboard from memory.

This was back in about 2000.

Almost exactly my first order as well lol. I had the 650 Slot A at 800Mhz

Asus V8460 Ultra - AGP GeForce 4600ti - bought for ~ £300, sold a few years later (still working perfectly) at a Car boot sale for £3. :/

Fairly sure I was served by Spie!

Last edited:
A £1200 sli 8800 gaming machine that I built myself 11? years ago.

No Sli bridge was sent (was this before sli main boards came with one? idk) and overclockers refused to send one out to me. Was a unhappy bunny, I had a nightmare of a time finding one back then; It was probably me I was so green. When I did get my hands on one (I was heavily addicted to wow at the time so a couple of years later...) It was all too hot in the case for them anyway, haha.

When it came to upgrading 5 years later, I gave them [ocuk] a shot again.

My order was messed up and somehow had charged me but the order had not been put together, nor sent a week later.

BUT!

5UB to the rescue! This guy single handedly restored my faith in OCUK gave me a healthy discount and some free games.. the order was put together and sent out lickity split and all was good in the world.

Since then I've not had a single problem with OCUK and have spent much more money since then too.

Not a single problem in 5 years of purchases, thank you OCUK and keep giving 5UB the raises he deserves ;)

Order Date: 8 Jan, 07, 5:22 pm

Order was shipped to:

United Kingdom

Order Status: Dispatched

Please note descriptions are current and may have changed since you ordered, please refer to your invoice for an accurate description.

Acousti Ultra-Soft Arrowhead Fan Mounts - 8 Pack £2.95 1 £2.95

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail

Though I do remember ordering things prior to this date on another account I lost the details of

Last edited:
A £1200 sli 8800 gaming machine that I built myself 11? years ago.

No Sli bridge was sent (was this before sli main boards came with one? idk) and overclockers refused to send one out to me. Was a unhappy bunny, I had a nightmare of a time finding one back then; It was probably me I was so green. When I did get my hands on one (I was heavily addicted to wow at the time so a couple of years later...) It was all too hot in the case for them anyway, haha.

When it came to upgrading 5 years later, I gave them [ocuk] a shot again.

My order was messed up and somehow had charged me but the order had not been put together, nor sent a week later.

BUT!

5UB to the rescue! This guy single handedly restored my faith in OCUK gave me a healthy discount and some free games.. the order was put together and sent out lickity split and all was good in the world.

Since then I've not had a single problem with OCUK and have spent much more money since then too.

Not a single problem in 5 years of purchases, thank you OCUK and keep giving 5UB the raises he deserves ;)

Did you get my tenner in the post? ;) :D

Thank you though, I appreciate the feedback and glad I served you well. :)

A friend recommended overclockers to me. Well over a decade so I might remember wrong but he kept going on about his case with thermistor controlled fans that just speeded on and off by themselves to control heat in various parts of the case.
Never really seen that since, was such a prebuilt case an ocuk thing Im not sure

Ive mentioned before the crazy pencil trick AMD chip I bought, I think it was part of the deal you were told to do this routinely :D You literally drew on the top with a HB pencil and it overclocked, so Im guessing anything is possible

Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 2500KS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM £35.99 2 £71.98
My first 'IBM' pc long before ocuk existed. 120mb WD hard disk and it cost over £100, some very nice software doubled that capacity nearly believe it or not. 60gb HD in 2000 might have been from ocuk and that was £220 I think ?

Order Date: 4 Jun, 07, 2:59 pm

Dell E228WFP 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black £214.99 1 £214.99
City Link Parcel Next Day (Delivered Mon-Fri): £8.95
VAT: £39.19
Order Total: £263.13

Its still sitting in a box in London somewhere !

At a City Link depot? :D

Back
Top Bottom