1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doran, 21 Apr 2008.

1. scrivz69

Wise Guy

My brand new Seiko mod.

[​IMG]

2. lnoton

Mobster

I've had a Rolex from new. Bought it 12 years ago.

They are a lot more expensive now! Just checked and second hand I'd sell it for twice what I paid for it new.

3. Richdog

Caporegime

Rolexes generally appreciate!

4. mrk

Man of Honour

Seiko QC, we all knew it was on the decline, but many don't want to admit it sadly.

5. Bluecube

Mobster

That's sad to know as Seiko have been my go to watches for many years now.

6. 2StepSteve

Soldato

RIP Seiko. The price hikes are equally ridiculous for the movements provided and quality.

7. lsg1r

Mobster

QC at Seiko has literally been the primary reason I haven't bought a Seiko. There's plenty of Seiko I like the look of but every time, and I mean EVERY time, they've had issues with QC when I've gone to look at them in the flesh.

Considering they want to 'increase' the prices of their watches QC issues in large quantities shouldn't be a thing.

8. panthro

Capodecina

Shame really. I've not personally had any QC issues with the numerous Seiko and Grand Seiko I've owned over the years but it seems it's increasingly an issue.

9. Minusorange

Sgarrista

Funny I bought a Lorus auto in May that I liked the look of and it was only £50, day after I got it, the day/date winding broke so had to send it back, 7 weeks later I still don't have it, it's been with Seiko most of that time and I only got an update on Tuesday that they are going to replace it with a new watch, seems like Seiko has a lot of issues if it takes over 6 weeks to decide whether to repair or replace a watch, Covid issue aside I would imagine they have quite a backlog of watches needing repair/replacement if the turn around is roughly 2 months

10. Eurofighter

Wise Guy

While citizen are smashing it. I think eco drive is great for most people.

11. lsg1r

Mobster

Personally I'd pick citizen before seiko, in fact I have, and I agree about them 'smashing it'. Having said that they do seem to have some 'dodgy' looking designs these days and there seems to be more of them than in the past.

12. 2StepSteve

Soldato

I own a few Seikos which I bought over the last 8 year, 007, Orange Monster and Cocktail Time. Love them all and won't sell them. Just seems like Seiko have gone the wrong way. GS seem to be hitting it out the park still but you'd expect that.

13. Blue160

Mobster

I’ve the same three except 009 instead of 007. I’ve not found any QC problems with the 009 or Cocktail Time even under a loupe. The Gen 1 Monster has some slightly wonky lume application on the indexes though, so Seiko must been misaligning things for quite some time!

14. Derek W

Capodecina

Pocket watch arrived yesterday but I only collected it from the office today. Seems to be in a decent enough condition although the ebay listing did say there was an issue with the mainspring. So far just popped the back off and i see that it's got a 65 stamp on it and with watching a Youtube video indicates that it was made in 1965. Other than that the time can be set albeit it doesn't wind up so it may be a case that the mainspring is broken / missing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. dink

Hitman

Anyone sold to watch finder & co ? I’d like to sell two of my Oris limited editions (staghorn and source of life, leaving me with just the Carysfort reef - they are all too similar to justify keeping) and they are offering 850 to 950 each pending inspection, just wondered if anyone has any experience with them.

16. panthro

Capodecina

Fairly painless if you've been honest about the condition of the watch. That's a fair price too for both.

17. dink

Hitman

Thank you, that’s reassuring.

18. syke

Capodecina

Received the Omega and Eone today and yesterday, will keep an eye out for a strap that takes my liking for the Omega and will get it cleaned up at some point too;

[​IMG]

Eone was slightly impulsive, saw a picture of it on another website and it took my interest, so thought i'd take a lump at it as something extremely different in the rotation!

19. Richdog

Caporegime

The Eone looks like a sun dial on a strap. :D

20. syke

Capodecina

Yeah, it's completely ridiculous (in a good way) - the hour ball bearing is on the outside, the inside one is for the minutes and used for touch. Just thought for something so different I'd see how I find it. I do like it, though! It's not quite as large as the photo suggests, being next to two fairly small watch faces - it's a 40mm.