What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Received the Omega and Eone today and yesterday, will keep an eye out for a strap that takes my liking for the Omega and will get it cleaned up at some point too;

Eone was slightly impulsive, saw a picture of it on another website and it took my interest, so thought i'd take a lump at it as something extremely different in the rotation!
Love the old Omega logo. What was the story behind the purchase? SwissTime in Essex will do a full refurb** for <£500 if you want it as new. I sent my 70's Omega to them and it came back so nice.

Edit: mine. Also a family story behind it.

txpUNwz.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been trying to find an Omega or Rolex from 1959 to purchase in memory of my Dad and to then pass on later in life, but been struggling to find one that really takes my fancy. This was available at a decent price (no box or papers) and they said it was 1959, but pretty sure it's more 60-63, but thought I'd add it to the collection anyway. Friend of mine says they like the strap it came with, but I am tempted to swap it out for something else, not sure yet.

Love the old Omega logo. What was the story behind the purchase? SwissTime in Essex will do a full refund for <£500 if you want it as new. I sent my 70's Omega to them and it came back so nice.

I'll have a snoop around for a few options. Cheers!

Ah designed for blind people!!!!! Makes sense now.

It's a really cool concept, a little chunky but it's 'different'.

Soldato
Cheers, I currently have this one saved into my basket for later as I want something with dark theme inside and nice wood quality with solid quality pillows: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MXFMZDP/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A3EC2XVBHMEQLD&psc=1

Will check out the Wolfs!
I think I checked that one out too, ultimately went for the Wolf Windsor (10pc) as it was £209 iirc on wolf, but managed to get it for a lot less on Amazon. I did consider it with the bright interior, but went with the darker option. Rather nice!

Soldato
It is worth checking eBay for the Wolf stuff as they have done a good job of pushing their gear on the big box retailers, and ultimately a lot of ends up on eBay for people looking to offset their purchase price!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think I prefer the one I linked as it has spaces for other things not just watches as I like to have springbar tool/buckles/straps/MF cloth etc in there too. Hmm will have a good look around but I think this is the one I will choose eventually.

Soldato
I think I prefer the one I linked as it has spaces for other things not just watches as I like to have springbar tool/buckles/straps/MF cloth etc in there too. Hmm will have a good look around but I think this is the one I will choose eventually.
Wolf do versions with drawers, I thought similar too - but just ultimately went with a bigger watch box and then the space saved by watches/boxes clears the space for the other stuff now.

Soldato
Although a little battered and fitted with a movement that's pushing 60, it's without doubt my favourite watch. Perfect for the summer -

pxl_20210722_125934113_2_by_saiper_dens8ut-fullview.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That strap though in this weather, I can only imagine how moist that must get :eek:

Wolf do versions with drawers, I thought similar too - but just ultimately went with a bigger watch box and then the space saved by watches/boxes clears the space for the other stuff now.

I've seen those, rather expensive at near £250 though even on eBay!

Soldato
I've seen those, rather expensive at near £250 though even on eBay!
I've been looking around for a bit too, it's not easy to pick the 'right box', and came across the below which might be worth a look.. I'm tempted but I kind of only want a 10 watch box where this is only available as 6 or 12...
Reviews seem pretty good apart from one which says the lock pin could break but it looks no worse than the wolf ones imo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WVRK...olid=1BC13E7QIGYWG&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've had that saved in my Save for later bit on Amazon just haven't bought becaus eunsure on quality since a few verified purchase reviews spoke of suspect QC issues like bits peeling off etc. Not something I can stand on a box costing not far off £100 really!

My current box was £20 and has so far been superb quality but it is £20 and the pillows are as such as well even if the box itself is decent for this price.

I spotted this one today which looks great too, has drawer, and is compact. Just right for my needs for 6 watches and the F91W can sleep in the drawer :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Watch-Box-...VALR+Watch+Box&qid=1626968556&s=watch&sr=1-50

Although I might chance it with the 6 slot one of those above: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slot-Leath...4ef6a&pd_rd_wg=cNvOy&pd_rd_i=B087NJ5V1G&psc=1

Edit* Ordered the red one above, will be here tomorrow. If there are QC issues I will simply return :D

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The strap won't last long on those. Within 2 weeks they will start to crack. The leather is genuine, but not manufactured to a good standard. You get what you pay for.

As much as Seiko is in the red lights at the moment, a Seiko 5 is the most ideal option here. Canvas strap, casual design, cheap & easy to service movement. A bit over budget but a good all round watch really for the money.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had that saved in my Save for later bit on Amazon just haven't bought becaus eunsure on quality since a few verified purchase reviews spoke of suspect QC issues like bits peeling off etc. Not something I can stand on a box costing not far off £100 really!

My current box was £20 and has so far been superb quality but it is £20 and the pillows are as such as well even if the box itself is decent for this price.

I spotted this one today which looks great too, has drawer, and is compact. Just right for my needs for 6 watches and the F91W can sleep in the drawer :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Watch-Box-...VALR+Watch+Box&qid=1626968556&s=watch&sr=1-50

Although I might chance it with the 6 slot one of those above: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slot-Leath...4ef6a&pd_rd_wg=cNvOy&pd_rd_i=B087NJ5V1G&psc=1

Edit* Ordered the red one above, will be here tomorrow. If there are QC issues I will simply return :D

Cool, it'll be good to see what that's like. My watch box could do with an upgrade. Hasn't got any compartments for cuff links, straps etc

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nice, a classic :cool:

Cool, it'll be good to see what that's like. My watch box could do with an upgrade. Hasn't got any compartments for cuff links, straps etc

It arrived today, have to say it's rather good. No issues to note, for the price certainly looks and feels above its class. I stuck some sticky rubber feet on the underside as it's felt and when opening and closing the bottom drawer it would slide about on my worktop.

Made in San Francisco by Rothwell, I assumed it was some Chinese outfit. Maybe it's made in China though...

rothwell-bo_box.jpg
rothwell-bo_underside.jpg

rothwell-bo_opeed.jpg

rothwell-bo_open-top.jpg

rothwell-bo_corner.jpg

rothwell-bo_closeup.jpg

rothwell-bo_top-down.jpg

Back
Top Bottom