1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doran, 21 Apr 2008.

1. kona786

Capodecina

Yes definitely a strap monster with its white/silver face. Really dig the stock Milanese.

Your Meister is certainly a looker!

2. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

I would certainly be doing that if I had the cash in my pocket now! I just got a nice raise which I'm putting towards it but unfortunately it'll be a few months until I have the necessary funds.

I see on Chrono24 you can still get the 3570.50 for well under £4k and under £3k in some instances. I would have to do a lot of research before buying from a dealer abroad, that scares me!

3. ahenners

Wise Guy

Did you get this watch in the end? I've had one as my daily wear for about 7 years and it's been fantastic. Sub style and good quality for a very modest price - I paid about £350. Has held up well to daily abuse too.

4. Mobius 1

Capodecina

I did ! The quality is excellent, for the price. Think I paid about the same for mine too. My only gripe is, the lume could be a tad better (it’s spread is ever so slightly too thin on the hour hand, in the middle)

5. mrk

Man of Honour

Damn, first time my Hamilton has been fully depleted. 91 quick turns to fully wind! The Stowa is 40 turns which is in-line with its 40~ hours reserve. But the H-50 needs more turns than its reserve!

Not an issue, just a surprise lol.

That dial though:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Aug 2021
  6. BusError

Wise Guy

7. mrk

Man of Honour

The Zelos has more character than the Tudor by far. A much better choice IMO.

8. Mobius 1

Capodecina

It’s also far, far cheaper. I don’t know much about the miyota movement … does it compare to the Tudor ?

9. mrk

Man of Honour

Miyota 9015 is the date version of the 9039 that I had in 3 watches. The 9 series are the higher end movements from Citizen and are very good and almost always regulated to at least 3 positions by good micro brands. Mine was +2s a day accurate which is well in-line with Tudor's regulation. Accuracy seems fairly consistent across the board too. I would completely ignore the paper specs from Miyota for accuracy if you are buying a watch from the likes of Zelos etc using the same movement as they will come far more tightly regulated.

The only thing to note is that Miyota's autos have a unidirectional winding rotor, so in the other direction it free spins which you will hear. Some people like this, some don't. I have no issue with rotor noise and actually like it. Other than that it's a tried and tested movement that's known for reliability.

10. Soupy

Hitman

This lovely Orient landed a few days ago, I liked the clean crisp look, the dial is a silver / white.
    40mm and very comfy on my 8" wrist.
    I think I got lucky with their in house movement, currently running at +1 sec per day, that's with wearing it about 8 to 10 hrs and resting face up.

[​IMG]

11. ahenners

Wise Guy

Awesome! Yeah I agree lume isn't amazing but it really is hard to pick faults with for the price. I had to send it back to Davosa in Germany for a repair a few years ago and the service was excellent too.

12. nine_tails

Wise Guy

What a beauty

13. Mobius 1

Capodecina

I’d definitely look at picking another one at some point in a different colour scheme. :) Impressed with the quality.

14. Derek W

Capodecina

Forgot to add this after you posted.

They're doing a 10k giveaway when they reach 100k subscribers. They're just under 70k at the moment so plenty of time to pick and choose a potential watch with an extra 10k if you win to spend on it :cry:

15. Rikki

Wise Guy

Sorry if I missed the post but where did you get this? Thanks

16. Richdog

Caporegime

I guess it depends how you define character. The Tudor Black Bay 58 is pretty damn hard to beat.

17. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Aye. Love my BB58. Such a fantastic watch

18. scrivz69

Wise Guy

I got it off a guy of Instagram via ebay. He makes some great mods. You can always just send him a message on what you are after. https://www.instagram.com/time_designs_mods/
    The quality of his work is just brilliant.
    [​IMG]

19. dink

Hitman

Really want the BB58, Watchfinder are offering 1300-1400 for my grand seiko sbgn003 quartz gmt which is a little lower than I expected (don’t want to mess about selling privately) but if it means I can get the Tudor quicker then I think I’m going to go ahead with it.

20. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Nice one ! Which colour way are you going for ?