1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doran, 21 Apr 2008.

1. ThatsWhatSheSaid

Gangster

Retail, yes... and including UK VAT... none of which I paid. I have friends in good places & got about 45% off.

They're only making 100 of them too, so it should work out as a decent investment. Happens to be one of the prettiest watches I've seen, which helps.

I'm waiting on build of a 5435PT/1S/7XU at the moment & hoping to step into a Jacob & Co next year.

Only Patek & Rolex I can't get discounts on.

2. hughtrimble

Mobster

Oh wow! I stand corrected @Wizardskills

3. Bear

Capodecina

How much discount should you expect off retail if you haggle? I’m debating whether to get a one new with discount or buy second hand off watchfinder. I’m looking at a Portofino 8 days hand wound.

4. Derek W

Capodecina

On a random note, what happened to the ferrari driving, hotel owning guy who dropped expensive stuff shortly after joining the forum? Looks like a copycat has appeared :o

5. Minusorange

Sgarrista

6. ultralaser

Wise Guy

A quick question for those in the know, will there be discounts on the last generation Tag Carrera with the new one coming out? I quite like them!

7. Alex_6n2

Mobster

Hublot next? ;)

8. mrk

Man of Honour

Eww and eww :p

9. ThatsWhatSheSaid

Gangster

No, I have taste... will never buy a Rolex either... nor Mille. Am only on the AP & Patek lists for resale, despite appreciating the technical standard of Patek.

One of my other favourites is my Ulysse Nardin:
    [​IMG]

My first tourbillon was a Montblanc.

Girard Perregaux have some gorgeous designs, as do Roger Dubuis... plus I like the simplicity of IWC.

10. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

As technically impressive as I'm sure that is, I'm not sure I could actually tell the time on it :p

11. rhobbyh

Associate

approx 3.35

happy to help

12. Alex_6n2

Mobster

Are you sure? :p

[​IMG]

13. ThatsWhatSheSaid

Gangster

Oh dear god... lmao, what a monstrosity! They do have some really vile things.
    [​IMG]

This is more me:
    [​IMG]

14. Alex_6n2

Mobster

Must admit, I'm not really a fan of anything Jacob the Jeweller produces. But that one is probably the least offensive to my eyes haha

15. mrk

Man of Honour

16. .:SAmSuNG:.

Mobster

Hi all,

Thinking of buying myself a new watch. Something on a leather strap as all of mine are on bracelets and this seems to be well regarded. Anything better for around the £350 mark?

Hamilton Men's Khaki Field 38mm Auto Black Dial Brown Strap
    [​IMG]

17. lsg1r

Mobster

Not going to say anything bad about the watch, I've got a hamilton and it's nice watch for the money but you know you could just buy yourself a leather/rubber/nato strap (along with the right tool) for your other watches.... assuming they're not integrated.

18. mrk

Man of Honour

Yup quick release leather strap from Watchgecko, loads of quality options at good prices. A good strap transforms a watch and often looks much nicer than a bracelet too.

19. bainbridge

Mobster

I have a Longines Ultronic gold plated watch with a tuning fork movement which I inherited from my grandfather, it was his retirement present and is 49 years old. I was thinking of sending it off to Longines to put a new battery in it and give it a service too, they pay for postage. The sentimental value is far higher than its monetary value, and I'm worried about it going missing in the post

Does anyone else send an expensive watch off to the manufacturer in the post? Is this a regularly done thing?

20. dLockers

Sgarrista

I sent my late father's Omega off, Special Delivery. I was very concerned but I believe the numbers are in the region of more likely to be hit by a car etc...

Where are they based?