What watch do you wear?

Associate
Gents, bit of advice on Bremont watches please!

Umming and aahing over getting a special edition one:

http://www.bremont.com/military-orders/tornado-ids

Might seem daft to some but they've been a big part of my life, just not sure whether its worth it value wise?
Depends on the price, and are you going to wear it day to day, or on best occasions? If it's battery, is it going to stay in the collectors case as an investment? From what you say, you want to wear it and feel pride in wearing it... if that's the case, buy and enjoy, I think what you want is agreement, and if you worked the Tornado plenty of years then why not? Buy as a present to yourself, try and look after it, but it'll become part of you, just like the Tornado. :) Best I could do !

Soldato
Depends on the price, and are you going to wear it day to day, or on best occasions? If it's battery, is it going to stay in the collectors case as an investment? From what you say, you want to wear it and feel pride in wearing it... if that's the case, buy and enjoy, I think what you want is agreement, and if you worked the Tornado plenty of years then why not? Buy as a present to yourself, try and look after it, but it'll become part of you, just like the Tornado. :) Best I could do !

Mainly occasions, 3-4 times per year?

Partly as an investment and partly because of a remembrance of the blood and tears i've shed over the old girl.

It's mainly that £2500 would be a massive investment from me and while I love the idea I Want to make sure its a decent brand that will at least hold value.

Associate
Mainly occasions, 3-4 times per year?

Partly as an investment and partly because of a remembrance of the blood and tears i've shed over the old girl.

It's mainly that £2500 would be a massive investment from me and while I love the idea I Want to make sure its a decent brand that will at least hold value.
It's battery? If it is, I'd wear it mate, everyday because it obviously means plenty to you. From what you said, would you seriously sell it? I think not.. buy another piece of your girl, something significant to you, and buy a watch, the watch is always going to lose cash unless you never wear it, it's what collectors expect. Watches pick up so many scratches so easily, and if you are in the loop, you can get stuff that remind you of the old girl far stronger than a watch, and much cheaper. Sentiment is a powerful thing, buy and wear by all means, but there's other options open to you, lots cheaper.

Man of Honour
The Bremont military specials tend to increase in value, much like the Omega special editions for government & defence. My housemate has a Bremont special and he's had a few offers from jewellers that have seen it and want to buy it for collectors.

Don
Can anyone recommend a smart looking simplistic dress style watch with a white face, brown leather strap and automatic or sweeping movement for around £150 or less, please? :)

I loved my homage Parnis thingy I got for £80

KQOXvL9.jpg
LpPAypZ.jpg

it's a decent enough talking piece with a faux tourbillon, decent movement, infact for the money I found it awesome :)

Associate
Gents, bit of advice on Bremont watches please!

Umming and aahing over getting a special edition one:

http://www.bremont.com/military-orders/tornado-ids

Might seem daft to some but they've been a big part of my life, just not sure whether its worth it value wise?

I really wouldn;t see it as an investment. Though many of their military editions retain value the market is very limited if you ever want to sell.

Buy it if you like it. See any retained value as a bonus.

Associate
I really wouldn;t see it as an investment. Though many of their military editions retain value the market is very limited if you ever want to sell.

Buy it if you like it. See any retained value as a bonus.

It's a nice watch. If you like the design, it holds some form of sentimental value and you can afford it - buy it. :)

Soldato
I've decided against it, IMO the design is far too busy, would be more of a must buy if it was more 'special'.

It can't have appealed to me that much as if I had really liked it I would have ordered it by now.

Soldato
Does anyone have any thoughts on resale prices of Seikos? Specifically the SKX009K2? I've been on the lookout for a nice diver for a while and a colleague has just offered me his for £100. Seems a fair price if I'm honest.

Back
Top Bottom